ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Help please,  (Read 7517 times)

Steve M Smith

• Isle of Wight - England
Re: Help please,
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2015, 05:43:03 AM »

Ignore (I answered someone else's quoted comment thinking it was mine!).

Scott Olewiler

• Trust me, it will be loud enough.
    • 4th Street Sound
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2015, 06:14:34 AM »

If what's been posted already doesn't help, be more specific about how you have the amps connected to your crossover, and if you're trying to use one amp per each side, as in  (1) CS800 powers both left speakers, the other both right speakers or if you're trying to run each amp as stereo, each powering one speaker on each side.   More details the better.
We're here to deliver the sound equipment. Who has the check?

Mark Steinmann

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2015, 01:06:31 AM »

NO!!! Never run output A into input B. That would result in an amplified signal going into channel B.

You can only link channels by connecting Input A to Input B. But then you would have a mono system.

If you are using the crossover as stereo, why are you NOT running crossover channel B "highs" to the amp channel B for the tops?
Yes I got the input to input, thank you. I need to run two sets of tops, but want to power them individually, unless there is a reason not to. I have one set that is rated at 1400, and one set that is rated at 750. I have got to do some outside gigs and need the coverage. Any thoughts. I am using the crossover but running it thru an AUX.

Mark Steinmann

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2015, 01:08:16 AM »

If it looks like this:

Then just link one of the Input A sockets to one of the Input B sockets with a patch lead.

There is another way of doing it which is to switch it to bridge mode and reverse the polarity of the speaker connections to Output B - but there is a greater potential to get it wrong so I suggest the linking method.

Look at page 5 of the manual: http://www.manualslib.com/manual/121470/Peavey-Cs-800x.html?page=5#manual

Steve.
Thanks Steve, Do I not need to put it in BRIDGE mode if I side chain the channels???

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2015, 01:25:16 AM »

Thanks Steve, Do I not need to put it in BRIDGE mode if I side chain the channels???

NO!  RTFM.   BRIDGE mode does something very different.

And you are not "side chain"ing.  I think a more correct term is "daisy-chaining" to refer to the practice of using "loop out or loop through" to connect to the next desired input.

As for the "power" difference between your speakers you need to understand that this rating is a measure of how much current can be dissipated for a short time before the speaker's voice coils or passive crossover components fail.  It's not a measure of how much electricity is turned into acoustic output, either.

You can probably run 1 of each box in parallel, on each side of the amp, and not experience any problems.  That said, if you do EDM and are pushing your rig to the bleeding edge all bets are off.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 11:10:53 AM by Tim McCulloch »
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Mark Steinmann

« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2015, 01:53:36 AM »

NO!  RTFM.   BRIDE mode does something very different.

And you are not "side chain"ing.  I think a more correct term is "daisy-chaining" to refer to the practice of using "loop out or loop through" to connect to the next desired input.

As for the "power" difference between your speakers you need to understand that this rating is a measure of how much current can be dissipated for a short time before the speaker's voice coils or passive crossover components fail.  It's not a measure of how much electricity is turned into acoustic output, either.

You can probably run 1 of each box in parallel, on each side of the amp, and not experience any problems.  That said, if you do EDM and are pushing your rig to the bleeding edge all bets are off.
Great, thanks so much, I really appreciate the input!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2015, 01:53:36 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 25 queries.