ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LS9 Editor Questions  (Read 3078 times)

Geoff Doane

• Halifax, NS
LS9 Editor Questions
« on: March 29, 2011, 01:33:50 PM »

I've been using an LS9-32 for a bit more than a year now, and the off line editor/Studio Manager for a few months.  Generally, it works really well, but there a few things I haven't been able to do with the editor, and am hoping for some guidance here.

1.  I can create a new scene off-line and save it in a new memory location, but I can't seem to give it a new title.  After I think I've saved it, it reverts back to the previous name once I confirm that I want to save the scene.  Changing the name on the console itself works fine.

2.  I can add delay to the Omni Outputs (for delayed speakers) on the console, but can't find a corresponding page in the Studio Manager editor.  Is there some way to do this?

3.  I also don't seem to be able to change auxes from fixed to variable and back in the off-line editor.

I'm running v2.3.1 of Studio Manager on XP, and v2.1.3 of the LS9 editor, which seem to be the current software.

Thanks for any insight you can offer.

GTD

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Re: LS9 Editor Questions
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 02:05:18 PM »

I've been using an LS9-32 for a bit more than a year now, and the off line editor/Studio Manager for a few months.  Generally, it works really well, but there a few things I haven't been able to do with the editor, and am hoping for some guidance here.

1.  I can create a new scene off-line and save it in a new memory location, but I can't seem to give it a new title.  After I think I've saved it, it reverts back to the previous name once I confirm that I want to save the scene.  Changing the name on the console itself works fine.

Double click on the name in the SM scene list to edit it.

2.  I can add delay to the Omni Outputs (for delayed speakers) on the console, but can't find a corresponding page in the Studio Manager editor.  Is there some way to do this?

No. At this time you cannot edit the output port settings in SM.

3.  I also don't seem to be able to change auxes from fixed to variable and back in the off-line editor.

Under the file menu in the editor window there should be an option "Console setup". Select this and you should be able to set fixed/variable. If you want to set whole mixes to post fader that are defaulted to prefader you just need to set them to fixed in this window, then you can set them back to variable and they will be post fader.

Mac

Geoff Doane

• Halifax, NS
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 02:34:03 PM »

Damn Mac, you're good!

I was pressing the "STORE" button that lights up after changing the title, and that puts the former name back.

The other one is "mixer setup" rather than "console setup", but it works, of course.  For some reason, I didn't think to look for that under "FILE".

Thanks for the guidance.

GTD

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 02:34:03 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 25 queries.