ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Assistive listen system is killing me  (Read 5323 times)

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
Re: Assistive listen system is killing me
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2015, 06:58:40 PM »

Do you have enough working units to satisfy ADA compliance? You don't have to answer that publicly, but if you do not, that's a fineable  compliance issue just like if all the elevators broke down and weren't fixed.
I believe so. We have over 100 headset units for a 2,400 seat theatre. Which meets the most recent ADA requirements.

On large shows I think we check out maybe 10 or 12 units at most. So most of them sit on the chargers wasting money.  ::)
Justice C. Bigler
Business Rep, IATSE Local 354
www.justicebigler.com

Lee Buckalew

• Classic LAB
  • St. Louis, MO area
    • Pro Sound Advice, Inc.
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2015, 07:05:18 PM »

I believe so. We have over 100 headset units for a 2,400 seat theatre. Which meets the most recent ADA requirements.

On large shows I think we check out maybe 10 or 12 units at most. So most of them sit on the chargers wasting money.  ::)

2400 seats requires 59 units with 15 available with inductive neck loops.
I deal with one theatre that does so many retirement home matinees that for their 1200 seat space they have 96 even though the requirement would only be for 39.

Lee
Lee Buckalew
Pro Sound Advice, Inc.

Thomas Lamb

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2015, 08:58:33 AM »

The Listen Technologies has always been good: http://www.listentech.com/assistive-listening/listenrf/

I've never found a system (RF or IR) from the wireless mic companies that was as well thought out as assistive listening systems from companies that specialize in it.

I had listen at my last church 1200 seat room. The only issue I ever had was about 12-15 seats directly around and under the remote antennas it didn't work. If I would have cared I would have moved those antennas but I never did welcome center just told people to not sit in the center back section the whole section wasn't more than 25 seats so it wasn't a big deal. Other than that it was great and that was a easily fixable problem.
bigTlamb

"If you suck on a functional analog desk, you'll really suck on a complex digital desk...." Dick Rees

Glen Kelley

• El Paso, TX
    • The University of Texas at El Paso
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2015, 12:49:15 PM »

The Listen Technologies has always been good: http://www.listentech.com/assistive-listening/listenrf/

I've never found a system (RF or IR) from the wireless mic companies that was as well thought out as assistive listening systems from companies that specialize in it.

We have generally used the Listen Technologies 3-channel units on our campus. They -- function.

I have never been a huge fan, mostly due to an aesthetic aversion to the overly-large and cheap plastic receiver beltpacks. In general I've found the sound quality with Listen single-over-the-ear earphones to be adequate, but not good. Still some static/white noise, but depending on venue, acceptable. It is a pain to order the Listen stuff. There are a million part numbers that make no sense by the time you get all of the rack-mounts, the right remote antenna and mount, signage package, etc. Grrrr!

In my latest project I have specified the Telex soundmate ST-300 and SR-50 receivers to try it out.  More expensive than the Listen, but at least the part numbers make sense.  ;D One of our vendors has spoken well of it, and says it sounds 'good', whatever that means in an ADA system. I believe it has more available channels, which may help in dialing in a quieter place in  the spectrum.

Lee Buckalew

• Classic LAB
  • St. Louis, MO area
    • Pro Sound Advice, Inc.
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2015, 01:51:32 PM »

We have generally used the Listen Technologies 3-channel units on our campus. They -- function.

I have never been a huge fan, mostly due to an aesthetic aversion to the overly-large and cheap plastic receiver beltpacks. In general I've found the sound quality with Listen single-over-the-ear earphones to be adequate, but not good. Still some static/white noise, but depending on venue, acceptable. It is a pain to order the Listen stuff. There are a million part numbers that make no sense by the time you get all of the rack-mounts, the right remote antenna and mount, signage package, etc. Grrrr!

In my latest project I have specified the Telex soundmate ST-300 and SR-50 receivers to try it out.  More expensive than the Listen, but at least the part numbers make sense.  ;D One of our vendors has spoken well of it, and says it sounds 'good', whatever that means in an ADA system. I believe it has more available channels, which may help in dialing in a quieter place in  the spectrum.

The Listen iDSP has little to no white noise and excellent sound quality.  It is a different beast than the all analogue systems with plastic belt packs.

Lee
Lee Buckalew
Pro Sound Advice, Inc.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2015, 01:51:32 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 22 queries.