ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Possible to share frequency of existing wireless mic ?  (Read 5052 times)

Scott Olewiler

• Trust me, it will be loud enough.
    • 4th Street Sound
Re: Possible to share frequency of existing wireless mic ?
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2015, 02:54:51 PM »

Good point because i will have the receiver set up on stage so there will be x amount of distance between it and me!! Squelch is the key there I suppose....

http://www.amazon.com/GTD-Audio-G-622HL-Wireless-Microphone/dp/B0065QXNLG/ref=pd_sim_23_8?ie=UTF8&refRID=0YAZG6XQPTP8493SJ1TW

Headset sounds like crap, but will work, handheld mic sounds Good (but not great) for speech only. Connection to receiver is rock solid.  Solves your problem and gives you a usable back up wireless handheld. 

I have a dual handheld set up I used for over a year with no issues until I bought some Sennheisers .  Bought the lapel/headset package for $40 on a whim. Lapel is useless as expected, headset works but sounds like crap (too breathy).  I use it for exactly what you want it for.   
We're here to deliver the sound equipment. Who has the check?

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2015, 08:54:13 PM »

http://www.amazon.com/GTD-Audio-G-622HL-Wireless-Microphone/dp/B0065QXNLG/ref=pd_sim_23_8?ie=UTF8&refRID=0YAZG6XQPTP8493SJ1TW

Headset sounds like crap, but will work, handheld mic sounds Good (but not great) for speech only. Connection to receiver is rock solid.  Solves your problem and gives you a usable back up wireless handheld. 

I have a dual handheld set up I used for over a year with no issues until I bought some Sennheisers .  Bought the lapel/headset package for $40 on a whim. Lapel is useless as expected, headset works but sounds like crap (too breathy).  I use it for exactly what you want it for.

Thanks Scott….I was just reading some of the reviews and they are too funny -
according to most folks, this system is so fantastic that I think I should retire the RAD360 OM5 wireless Chris has been using and use this one instead…..no???
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2015, 11:59:16 PM »

Just pick up a 1st gen Senn beltpack/receiver on eBay or CL and eliminate the hassle. Put the receiver where you have clear line of sight from the belt pack.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2015, 12:52:34 AM »

Ever the bargain hunter most folks have not noticed that VHF is not only still legal but has excellent range.

You can find amazing deals on eBay for VHF gear.  Pick your poison, I have not seen any Senny gear but plenty of Shure and EV and good price points. 

You can also get inexpensive headworn mic which I would highly suggest over a lapel that might not have enough GBF for what you want to do.

I also have to put in a plug.  It is very hard to find but Samson put out a broadcast VHF system, it's diversity, synthesized and has both an SM58 and a lovely EV capsule.  The body is all machined aluminum.  I have two rolling racks of 4 channels each and they still sound great and make money (I even found the RX multicoupler).

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2015, 07:58:10 PM »

Ever the bargain hunter most folks have not noticed that VHF is not only still legal but has excellent range.

You can find amazing deals on eBay for VHF gear.  Pick your poison, I have not seen any Senny gear but plenty of Shure and EV and good price points. 

You can also get inexpensive headworn mic which I would highly suggest over a lapel that might not have enough GBF for what you want to do.

I also have to put in a plug.  It is very hard to find but Samson put out a broadcast VHF system, it's diversity, synthesized and has both an SM58 and a lovely EV capsule.  The body is all machined aluminum.  I have two rolling racks of 4 channels each and they still sound great and make money (I even found the RX multicoupler).

Going the VHF route is an interesting thought and not 'out of the question' considering my application. Hadn't thought about it till you mentioned it.
I suppose it depends if I want to purchase a cheapy to just use for this purpose or get something decent (and maybe used like the Senny G1 suggested earlier ) which could then be used as back-up mic for band use …..I like 'double duty'..if I can make it work..
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2015, 05:05:34 PM »

Quick update - I ordered a BLX headset system from Mike. It works out better price wise than adding a headset mic and pack to my existing Audix receiver. It might not be quite the quality overall but as it won't be used for anything other than talkback, it should do fine…
In a pinch it could be used as a back up mic for drummer/keys maybe...thanks everyone.

(I hope I don't look like a pretentious plonker wearing it at gigs..????)

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2015, 06:31:34 PM »

Quick update - I ordered a BLX headset system from Mike. It works out better price wise than adding a headset mic and pack to my existing Audix receiver. It might not be quite the quality overall but as it won't be used for anything other than talkback, it should do fine…
In a pinch it could be used as a back up mic for drummer/keys maybe...thanks everyone.

Show blacks, a big stack of laminates on a lanyard on your belt and a Motorola and you can use it to sneak into other peoples shows.

If you are going to plonk, plonk to the max.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Jay Barracato

Brian Bolly

• DC/Baltimore and other Major Airports
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2015, 07:12:15 PM »

Show blacks, a big stack of laminates on a lanyard on your belt and a Motorola and you can use it to sneak into other peoples shows.

If you are going to plonk, plonk to the max.

In lieu of the laminates and Motorola, I've found a 300mm lens with a couple short throws in the bag works just as well.

Scott Olewiler

• Trust me, it will be loud enough.
    • 4th Street Sound
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2015, 07:47:15 AM »

By gentle with the XLR out on the receiver. It is not very robust on the BLX stuff.
We're here to deliver the sound equipment. Who has the check?

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2015, 01:17:33 PM »

By gentle with the XLR out on the receiver. It is not very robust on the BLX stuff.

Good to know Scott - thanks. I was thinking about securing it to a shelf in the rack anyway and attaching a pigtail.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2015, 01:17:33 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 26 queries.