ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Blinders  (Read 8467 times)

Kim Guibord

Blinders
« on: May 26, 2015, 07:53:02 AM »

Where can I find Blinders, Not interested in the led models, I am looking for the old school type.

Cailen Waddell

Re: Blinders
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 12:25:19 PM »

Rent? Buy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kim Guibord

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 08:11:46 PM »

Rent? Buy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Buy

Cailen Waddell

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2015, 08:14:31 PM »

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2015, 12:03:40 AM »

As an Audiance member I hate blinders. It destroys the show for me.
Sun glasses and earplugs do not a pleasant indoor experience make.

The blinders that seem to be popular in the stage set are the worst. They make it so you cannot see the act you paid to see.

\end rant
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 12:05:59 AM by Rob Spence »
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

James Feenstra

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2015, 09:43:38 AM »

The blinders that seem to be popular in the stage set are the worst. They make it so you cannot see the act you paid to see.

\end rant
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
I tend to agree, although there are some times when they're appropriate. They're a useful way to finish off a set and hide the musicians leaving the stage, and you can get some cool silhouette effects with them

For the most part, they're over used though!
Elevation Audiovisual
www.elevationav.com
Taking your events to the next level

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2015, 05:51:16 PM »

I tend to agree, although there are some times when they're appropriate. They're a useful way to finish off a set and hide the musicians leaving the stage, and you can get some cool silhouette effects with them

For the most part, they're over used though!

I know you're probably not looking to get opinions on whether blinders are appropriate or not, but I agree with the others.  Audiences typically don't like bright lights in their eyes!  When I use blinders (which is rarely), it's only once or twice over the entire course of the show, and usually as part of a special effect (AC/DC Cannon Salute for example).  As far as what to get, of course others have already pointed you to dedicated blinders, though to help save inventory I just use banks of Par 38s in the quantity that available power allows.  Hope this helps!

Kim Guibord

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2015, 10:53:34 AM »

I know you're probably not looking to get opinions on whether blinders are appropriate or not, but I agree with the others.  Audiences typically don't like bright lights in their eyes!  When I use blinders (which is rarely), it's only once or twice over the entire course of the show, and usually as part of a special effect (AC/DC Cannon Salute for example).  As far as what to get, of course others have already pointed you to dedicated blinders, though to help save inventory I just use banks of Par 38s in the quantity that available power allows.  Hope this helps!
I am not a fan of blinders myself, But 2 of my Client's have requested them, So I do not care if the rest of the forum likes them or not, My question was were can I find them.

John Fruits

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2015, 12:14:21 PM »

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.  There's also a negative side."-Hunter S. Thompson

Josh Daws

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2015, 01:36:56 PM »

For giggles, an early mention of blinders.
http://www.thewho.net/whotabs/gear/pa/lighting.html

funny that you linked this, cos seeing the who's lighting guys name there, i have worked alongside roger searle a couple of time in recent years. he's a great guy. learnt a lot of tips and tricks from him...IMO you can never learn enough tips and tricks...

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2015, 01:36:56 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 24 queries.