ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ETC Smartpack +stations advice  (Read 2207 times)

Josh Daws

ETC Smartpack +stations advice
« on: May 22, 2015, 05:55:50 PM »

hi all, my turn for some advice...

so i have wall mounted 2 x ETC Smartpack 6x20a dimmer racks with the link power supply. i have also got 2 x 10-button stations.

connections are as follows,

rack1+rack2 (connectec via DMX and net/a/b screw terminals). then also from the Net/A/B terminal block to the first button station, then onto the second.

the problem i am having is that i cannot seem to activate the presets on the button station. they power up, cycle the blue, green, then red LED startup sequence. and i can also change the color of the LED's. so i know that they are getting power no problem. i have switched the IO tray's around, button stations, everything. and am at a loss, that both rack/button stations are a problem. one of the racks is set as station master, the other is not).

FYI i have contacted ETC support and they are replacing the button stations themselves. but just wondering if anyone else has come across this issue. so i can hopefully find a way to resolve quickly.

thanks in advance for any advice.

Josh Daws

Re: ETC Smartpack +stations advice
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2015, 07:14:03 PM »

just to add...the dip switch setting on the stations are all set to 'OFF' so as preset one on the station activates preset one on the dimmer pack. and on the i/o board of the dimmer pack, switched 1-4 are set to off as well.

Cailen Waddell

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2015, 08:44:58 AM »

My experience is the factory is right 99% of the time.  You might consider posting to the etc eos family console group on FB or the ETC forums.  Lots of factory service technicians hanging out there, trying to play whose dick is bigger (in a nice way) with their technical knowledge, and so always quick to help someone troubleshoot.   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2015, 08:44:58 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 25 queries.