ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: check out my Danley SM80 + TH118 set up  (Read 25972 times)

Jared Bartimus

• Normal, IL
Re: check out my Danley SM80 + TH118 set up
« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2015, 12:39:57 AM »

Ivan, you don't have to be.  With 7 years at Motorola in product engineering we outsourced many things we did not have skill sets for.  All you have to do is write the specs and assign an SE and a PM to the vendor you choose.  In fact I would not be surprised if your existing vendor could not fulfill the requirements.

I don't work for you, but if I did I would push hard for this product.  I think it would do very well.

Seems like the simplest solution would be a two channel amp module with one of the outputs wired to an external speakon connector mounted on the cabinet.  The prettiest solution would be something along the lines of the old jbl m-pro sub that has a speakon output built into the amp module.

Of course by the time you get done it might cost more than the subwoofer itself.

James Paul

« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2015, 02:20:48 AM »

Seems like the simplest solution would be a two channel amp module with one of the outputs wired to an external speakon connector mounted on the cabinet.  The prettiest solution would be something along the lines of the old jbl m-pro sub that has a speakon output built into the amp module.

Of course by the time you get done it might cost more than the subwoofer itself.

And others examples such as these :
 http://www.carvinaudio.com/collections/trc-pa-systems
 http://yorkville.com/loudspeakers/excursion_mini/product/ex2/

Lance Hallmark

• Tampa Bay, FL
    • Hallmark Events & Entertainment
« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2015, 02:33:44 PM »

I would also be very interested in a powered TH118 that would also power an SM80. Can't wait to check out all the new gear at Infocomm!
----------------------------------------------------
Lance Hallmark
Hallmark Events & Entertainment
Chamsys, Crown, Danley, EV, JTR, Powersoft, Yamaha

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2015, 10:20:17 PM »

I would also be very interested in a powered TH118 that would also power an SM80. Can't wait to check out all the new gear at Infocomm!

Ivan - Check out my profile on linkedin for background.  Now that the grandkids are older I could probably talk the wife into moving.  VP of Product Management, Danley Sound Labs

The only problem I see is qualified customers.  I think they want you to sell the SM80 and TH118 for the price of a KW122 and a KW181!!

Hey we could start Danley Credit Services.... ::)
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Steve M Smith

• Isle of Wight - England
« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2015, 02:34:04 AM »

Ivan - Check out my profile on linkedin for background.  Now that the grandkids are older I could probably talk the wife into moving.  VP of Product Management, Danley Sound Labs
Also, you will need a European manufacturing facility.  I suggest my home town on the Isle of Wight, England.  I could find you a factory right next to Neutrik's factory.  They could deliver connectors via a conveyor... oh, and you could employ me!

Steve.

Jamin Lynch

• Corpus Christi, TX.
« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2015, 12:14:14 AM »

Why is that Mauricio?  Does it bother you that the owner of the company and one of the engineers is active in the forums and actually posts helpful advice about their products?  Have you ever seen Ivan or Tom start a thread promoting Danley products?  There are a lot of 'fanboys' on the forums, and rightfully so. But if you take the time to listen to the product you will probably change your opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can we please have a thread that doesn't eventually turn into a Danley commercial?

And Yes, I HAVE listened to the speakers mentioned.

Rick Powell

« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2015, 12:51:09 AM »

Can we please have a thread that doesn't eventually turn into a Danley commercial?

And Yes, I HAVE listened to the speakers mentioned.

I hear what you're saying, Jamin...if this was a JBL or an EAW thread, and it got hijacked.

But this one started out as "check out my Danley SM80 + TH118 set up" so naturally that was what is being discussed.  And if someone starts a thread asking about a specific product, maybe there should be less topic swerve around here.

Personally, I like seeing many brands and their strengths and weaknesses discussed here.  Competition should make all products better.

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2015, 06:25:12 AM »

Let's see if I have got this straight.
Run power cable to sub, run XLR to sub, run another cable to tops (what if tops are flown and/or subs in centre?)
No control over time or phase alignment between cabs.
You have now paid for, basically, 2 amps with the module and if you use the SM80 on it's own, you still need another amp.
And this is easier or better than just running one cable to each box from an amp rack?
Seems like a solution waiting for a problem  ::)

I have priced the Danley  sub modules against an amp and the amp costs less.
I don't care enough to be apathetic

Scott Olewiler

• Trust me, it will be loud enough.
    • 4th Street Sound
« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2015, 06:45:27 AM »

Keith,

Just being Devils advocate here, your points are all well made. However...

Let's see if I have got this straight.
Run power cable to sub, run XLR to sub, run another cable to tops (what if tops are flown and/or subs in centre?)
No control over time or phase alignment between cabs.

I think the assumption here would be built in DSP for Tops being directly (or as close as you can get with a stand) over subs. If you're center clustering, what's the point of doing additional time alignment for two seats? Might as well just use what ever delay is built into amp module.

You have now paid for, basically, 2 amps with the module and if you use the SM80 on it's own, you still need another amp.

Who doesn't have an amp sitting in inventory already they could use for this situation?

And this is easier or better than just running one cable to each box from an amp rack?
Easier, no. But I think the idea here is to not roll in the amp rack to begin with.
We're here to deliver the sound equipment. Who has the check?

Robert Piascik

• Westerville, OH (near Columbus)
« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2015, 04:23:45 PM »

Here's a pic from my event last night: two SM80 flown, two as front fill, eight TH118 center clustered. It was pretty awesome.

Pi Entertainment Services
Midas M32R / MR18
Behringer X32R
Danley SH50 / SM80 / TH118 / TH115
Fulcrum Acoustic fa22ac
RCF NX 12SMA
Yamaha DSR112 / DZR10
Powersoft X4 / M50Q
Crown iT8k

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2015, 04:23:45 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 25 queries.