ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lake Controller 6.3.1.60 and Windows Vista  (Read 1623 times)

Mikael Holm

• Classic LAB
Lake Controller 6.3.1.60 and Windows Vista
« on: May 05, 2015, 08:47:56 PM »

So i have this 7 years old HP laptop with touchscreen and Windows Vista. Documentation says Vista is supported but installation halts. Of course, the latest Dante controller does not work either but i have other computers for that (Mac).

I wouldn't like to update this laptop to Windows 8.1 unless absolutely necessary because then i'd lose control of some older devices i occasionally use. License for Windows 7 isn't available anymore.

Do i have to bite the bullet and buy new laptop or are there any workarounds?

Jelmer de Jong

Re: Lake Controller 6.3.1.60 and Windows Vista
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2015, 01:41:12 PM »

The installer you download extracts two .exe or .msi files to a temporary directory and then the installer runs these files sequentially. If the primary installer fails you can try to manually run the seperate files from the temporary directory.
This way I fixed a stubborn Dante Virtual Soundcard which halted mid-way the install of Dante controller, cancelling the succesfully installed soundcard.

Mikael Holm

• Classic LAB
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2015, 08:58:55 PM »

The installer you download extracts two .exe or .msi files to a temporary directory and then the installer runs these files sequentially. If the primary installer fails you can try to manually run the seperate files from the temporary directory.

I was able to install both Dante Discovery AND Dante Control and Monitoring BUT the Lake Controller seems not to like my system.

However, old 5.8 version works with my LM44 just fine. But still i'd like to get the new version...

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2015, 08:58:55 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 25 queries.