ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Need help with Turbosound Flex  (Read 38673 times)

Peter Morris

Need help with Turbosound Flex
« on: April 26, 2015, 01:34:12 AM »

Since Turbosounds purchase by Music Group I have not been able to get any more boxes or parts; and my price has gone up not down.

I had some Flex wide boxes on order for more than 5 months. I eventually gave up, cancelled the order and bought something else.

The second hand market for Turbo’s Pro boxes has all but disappeared in my part of the world (Australia) since Music Group purchased Turbo, accordingly I'm planning to keep the boxes for the moment and convert my 75 degree boxes to 100 degrees; unfortunately I have not been able to get a response on pricing or availability of the parts needed.

I was hoping someone may be able to help – send me a PM if you have any suggestions.

I also hope your experience has been better than mine – Flex and Flashline are still wonderful products, but  …  >:(

Cheers
Peter
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 09:39:12 AM by Peter Morris »

Spenser Hamilton

Re: Need help with Turbosound Flex
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2015, 12:56:53 PM »

We bought 8 Flex wide in December, we're looking at buying more and according to our rep they just received a decent sized shipment of them. Perhaps give your distributor a call and see if availability has changed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Technical Director - Chatham Capitol Theatre/Kiwanis Theatre

Peter Morris

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2015, 07:49:04 PM »

We bought 8 Flex wide in December, we're looking at buying more and according to our rep they just received a decent sized shipment of them. Perhaps give your distributor a call and see if availability has changed?

Hi Spenser,

The Flex is an excellent box, and for the price you can get Flex in the US they’re amassing, my price is double yours.  They work much better with the Lake Processor and the FIR settings.

It looks like from what I have read on another threat, and what has happen with Behringer’s X32, you maybe be able to buy Lab Gruppen badged iNuke amps with Lake processing soon. :o

Prior to Uli purchasing Turbosound I had excellent service, after Uli, no service. It may be a coincidence, but the importer kept telling me that England had mucked up my order because of all the name changes Uli implemented. There were supposed to be 140 new models, but many were just existing models with new names including the Flex TFA600HW and the TMW 115 wedges I also tried to buy. I did after about 3 - 4  months manage to get some wedges but they may have been old stock they found in the warehouse in Australia.

Lately I have been told they have not been able to get any response from Turbo in England regarding my enquiry for almost 2 months.

To say I’m pissed off is an understatement. I’m still hoping this can all be sorted but it looks like my only solution will be to import parts from another country.

FWIW I did have a wonderful relationship with Turbo. http://www.turbosound.com/docs2/latest_news/EFEFZuEykpMTVAGkNQ.shtml

« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 07:51:21 PM by Peter Morris »

Spenser Hamilton

Need help with Turbosound Flex
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2015, 07:59:52 PM »

There has definitely been growing pains here, not only did Turbosound change ownership, they also moved to a new distributor in Canada (all MG brands have been consolidated to one distributor). Our boxes showed up a week after we placed our order, the LMS-D26 a month later and the ground stack boxes just showed up about a week ago.

All I can say for certain, is that Turbosound is turning out flex boxes, what happens as far as international distribution is another story.

I emailed Turbosound a few months ago for some tech support on the processor and the response was quick on their end.

I can only recommend making some calls/sending some emails, MG certainly shouldn't want to shut the door on an entire continents's market.

Technical Director - Chatham Capitol Theatre/Kiwanis Theatre

Simon Godfrey

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2015, 08:59:27 AM »

Dear Peter,

My name is Simon Godfrey and I am in charge for Customer Support for the EMEA region. Allow me to clarify a few misconceptions:

The Flex boxes are all available and there is no shortage. However when checking our system, we did not find any orders from Hills, our former Australian distributor.  We can only assume that the orders were never placed which is unfortunate as this is out of our hands.
We have just made a change in distribution and Australis will soon take over the distribution for Australia for most of our brands. Also for clarity purposes, the Flex boxes are all made in the UK with the exact same components, so there is no change at all.

Furthermore we have a dedicated technical support team in place which you can reach almost any time at [email protected].

Please let us know how we can help further.

Best regards

Simon GODFREY
Customer Management, Professional Division
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 11:43:37 AM by Simon Godfrey »

Peter Morris

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2015, 09:54:25 AM »

Dear Peter,

My name is Simon Godfrey and I am in charge for Customer Support for the EMEA region. Allow me to clarify a few misconceptions:

The Flex boxes are all available and there is no shortage. However when checking our system, we did not find any orders from Hills, our former Australian distributor.  We can only assume that the orders were never placed which is unfortunate as this is out of our hands.
We have just made a change in distribution and Australis will soon take over the distribution for Australia for most of our brands. Also for clarity purposes, the Flex boxes are all made in the UK with the exact same components, so there is no change at all.

Furthermore we have a dedicated technical support team in place which you can reach almost any time at [email protected].

Bets regards

Simon GODFREY

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your reply, it is very much appreciated.

I was informed this morning that Hills may have lost the dealership … and after my experience I’m not surprised.

I was also informed that it looked like Australis was going to pick up the dealership and according I rang them to try and clarify the situation. So far they have been EXTREMELY helpful and hopefully I will be able to secure an account with them.

As noted in my email I would like to change my 75 degree boxes to 100 degrees.  At this point in time I’m not sure what parts are needed or the part numbers required.

If anyone can help it would be appreciated. FWIW the original order for the Flex was last June 2014.  I needed them for my summer season.

Jens Palm Bacher

• Lydfabrikken
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2015, 10:47:51 AM »

Dear Peter,

Bets regards

Simon GODFREY
Could you say something about the availability of spareparts for the powered flex boxes?

Simon Godfrey

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2015, 11:42:58 AM »

Dear Peter,

Thanks for responding quickly. 

The modification that you are requesting can only be performed by a MUSIC Group Authorised Service Centre, understanding that Australis are just coming on board with TURBOSOUND & that you require these Loudspeakers modified soon, I will work with our Care/Production support team to ensure that Australis have the relevant details (parts, instructions & pricing).  If you can allow me 48hrs, I will ensure our new partner contacts you.

Please do not hesitate to contact me via email ([email protected]) if you require further assistance.

Best Regards

Simon GODFREY

« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 11:46:06 AM by Simon Godfrey »

Simon Godfrey

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2015, 11:55:40 AM »

Dear Jens,

Thank you for your recent posting.

Our Dedicated Spare parts team will be able to assist you.  If you have already emailed, you should have received an automated response advising your reference (Ticket) number.  If you can advise the ticket reference, I will follow up, if not, please email your questions today to [email protected] & our team will help.

Best Regards

Simon GODFREY

Peter Morris

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2015, 08:24:47 PM »

Dear Peter,

Thanks for responding quickly. 

The modification that you are requesting can only be performed by a MUSIC Group Authorised Service Centre, understanding that Australis are just coming on board with TURBOSOUND & that you require these Loudspeakers modified soon, I will work with our Care/Production support team to ensure that Australis have the relevant details (parts, instructions & pricing).  If you can allow me 48hrs, I will ensure our new partner contacts you.

Please do not hesitate to contact me via email ([email protected]) if you require further assistance.

Best Regards

Simon GODFREY

Hi Simon,

Thanks once again.  My summer season in now over and the immediate urgency has passed;  but I would still like to convert most of my narrow boxes to wide. Depending on pricing, adding more wides may be an option instead of changing my narrow boxes.

The Flex with Lake processing is an excellent box and I’m grateful that I may be able to make this change and once again have support for the product.

I actually keep spares for the Flex including HF + VHF drivers etc. in stock. You will find most reasonable sized hire companies are capable of changing these components or have local people that can.  You can’t operate a Pro audio company effectively if you can’t, especially in a country the physical size of Australia.

Making the modification in not an issue; Australis has a service agent in Adelaide where I am based that does excellent, quality work
 :)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 08:26:53 PM by Peter Morris »

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2015, 08:24:47 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 24 queries.