ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: New Supersub  (Read 9142 times)

chuck clark

New Supersub
« on: March 30, 2015, 02:45:43 AM »

Apparently designed in response to demands from the "Ibiza" all night dance party scene, there is a new English supersub available from Wharfedale. The "Focus" series 218 has triple suspended deep excursion drivers with 4 1/2" voice coils and a claimed 145 db peak SPL and a useable response to 25 hz. 
Verrry interesting.  Has anyone seen/heard one of these yet? 
The world awaits a Subwoofer w/ true "supersub" performance that can be bought for under $2K.
Here's hopeing!...
Pricing/distributor info?  Anyone?  Beuhler? ...Anyone?
Chuck 

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
Re: New Supersub
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 07:49:35 AM »

Apparently designed in response to demands from the "Ibiza" all night dance party scene, there is a new English supersub available from Wharfedale. The "Focus" series 218 has triple suspended deep excursion drivers with 4 1/2" voice coils and a claimed 145 db peak SPL and a useable response to 25 hz. 
Verrry interesting.  Has anyone seen/heard one of these yet? 
The world awaits a Subwoofer w/ true "supersub" performance that can be bought for under $2K.
Here's hopeing!...
Pricing/distributor info?  Anyone?  Beuhler? ...Anyone?
Chuck
What freq is the "peak" spl at?

What is "usable to 25Hz"?  Does that mean it can be heard, or is a certain dB SPL?

Without other numbers to describe any spec-the "simple number" is often VERY misleading-speakers-amps-cars etc.

But many rely on the "simple number confusion" to sell product.

I have no idea on the product in question-these are "general statements" about all "simple numbers".

Heck just look at all the "clumsy" people on TV trying to prove a different product is better.  It is amazing these people can even dress selves-much less use any product--------

Just sayin'
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Jamin Lynch

• Corpus Christi, TX.
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 08:02:59 AM »

Caleb Dueck

• Sierra Vista, AZ
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2015, 08:32:45 AM »

Yawn.  A loud, accurate, deep subwoofer for under $2k?  From that company, which I've used a couple times?  Pass.
Experience is something you get right after you need it.

Steve M Smith

• Isle of Wight - England
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2015, 08:45:08 AM »

Heck just look at all the "clumsy" people on TV trying to prove a different product is better.
It amuses me more when they try to convince us that the same product is better with slogans such as 'new improved'.  Usually used to advertise washing powder.  'Now washes even whiter!'

The implication is that the old formula was no good!

Steve.

Mike Hedden

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2015, 08:59:39 AM »

Chuck

And I want a full size 4 wheel drive truck that will tow 30K lbs while getting 30 MPG. No matter how much I practice to hold my breath, its pointless to hope for!
Its a bit of a turn on Hoffman's Iron Law, just as you'll always find that Price, Speed, Quality-your choice of two is true so high efficiency, low frequency extension, cabinet size, and cost- your choice of three is also true.
Mike Hedden
Danley Sound Labs, Inc.

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2015, 03:20:43 PM »

What does "point source array system" have to do with subs anyway? Are these coaxial 18"s? Maybe a sub-bass line array system if you stack 30 of them together?

lulz. Wharfdale, the classy-sounding Behringer....
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

John L Nobile

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2015, 03:25:50 PM »

What does "point source array system" have to do with subs anyway? Are these coaxial 18"s? Maybe a sub-bass line array system if you stack 30 of them together?

lulz. Wharfdale, the classy-sounding Behringer....

I was wondering what a point source line array is? Must be a single line array speaker?

When I saw supersub, I thought I'd see this link

http://www.danleysoundlabs.com/bc218/

Richard Turner

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2015, 01:11:08 AM »

" I would like something that is about a 24" cube and capable of producing dynamic low frequency tones solidly down to 25 hz in about 120000 cu ft of space but it has to be directional so as not to rumble anything on stage. If it had an on board anti gravity pack so it presents as a mass of under 5 kilos for transport that would be a bonus. I would pay a premium for it having a built in battery pack that would last for an entire weekend, or a fusion generator , either would work...

Am I asking too much?"

Its been 3 months.... How are we coming on these?
Looking at retiring. Local PA market has shrank to 2 guys with guitars and bose l1 compacts or expecting full line array and 16 movers on stage for $300... no middle left going back to event DJ stuff, half the work for twice the pay.

John L Nobile

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2015, 08:30:41 AM »

" I would like something that is about a 24" cube and capable of producing dynamic low frequency tones solidly down to 25 hz in about 120000 cu ft of space but it has to be directional so as not to rumble anything on stage. If it had an on board anti gravity pack so it presents as a mass of under 5 kilos for transport that would be a bonus. I would pay a premium for it having a built in battery pack that would last for an entire weekend, or a fusion generator , either would work...

Am I asking too much?"

Its been 3 months.... How are we coming on these?

Apple's working on it. The iSub. Only problem is that you have to buy new cabling for them and they won't work in some rooms. If you wait, Windows will have a cheaper sub but it will need to be reset a few times a gig.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2015, 08:30:41 AM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 25 queries.