ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lighting stand recommendations needed.  (Read 3892 times)

John Penkala

Lighting stand recommendations needed.
« on: March 28, 2015, 09:20:18 AM »

Hi all,
          I am looking for a pair of lighting stands to hold 4 LED Pars each. I'd like to get to 11 ft. I am considering the stands from Ultimate support but I just want to be sure to weigh all of my options. Thanks!

John Penkala

William Schnake

• Schnake Sound & Light
Re: Lighting stand recommendations needed.
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2015, 09:27:12 AM »

Hi all,
          I am looking for a pair of lighting stands to hold 4 LED Pars each. I'd like to get to 11 ft. I am considering the stands from Ultimate support but I just want to be sure to weigh all of my options. Thanks!

John Penkala
John, we recently purchased a used pair of Global Truss ST-132 stands and they are fantastic.  We are using bars of either 4 or 6 LED lights on a stand or we use them for holding our back truss.  The stands extend 13' 2" and break down to about 5' 4" for transport.  We paid $400 used including the optional Truss Adapter.

Here is the http://globaltruss.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ItemNumber=227&MainId=4&Category=41

We absolutely love ours.

Bill
Bill Schnake - Owner Schnake Sound & Light

Avid/Crown/EAW/EV/Midas/RCF/Shure/Yamaha

schnakesound.com

Jamin Lynch

• Corpus Christi, TX.
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2015, 09:46:39 AM »

Hi all,

John Penkala

Do you need a crank up stand or will a push up be good?

John Penkala

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2015, 10:19:41 AM »

John, we recently purchased a used pair of Global Truss ST-132 stands and they are fantastic.  We are using bars of either 4 or 6 LED lights on a stand or we use them for holding our back truss.  The stands extend 13' 2" and break down to about 5' 4" for transport.  We paid $400 used including the optional Truss Adapter.

Here is the http://globaltruss.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ItemNumber=227&MainId=4&Category=41

We absolutely love ours.

Bill

Bill,
      Thanks for the recommendation. I completely forgot that I own a pair of those! They just got back from a long term rental and are sitting in the back of the shop. I guess out of sight is out of mind.  I am going to order some cross bars and perhaps some truss brackets for them. Thanks again!

John Penkala

John Penkala

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2015, 10:21:53 AM »

Do you need a crank up stand or will a push up be good?

Jamin,
          I am going to use my ST-132's which are crank-ups for now. I am also looking for some light-weight push ups like the Ultimate LT-99BL. Do you know of anything like those?

JP

Jamin Lynch

• Corpus Christi, TX.
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2015, 10:59:33 AM »

Jamin,
          I am going to use my ST-132's which are crank-ups for now. I am also looking for some light-weight push ups like the Ultimate LT-99BL. Do you know of anything like those?

JP

I haven't used the U. S. stands.

I have Odyssey LTP2 which are similar. I like them because they are a little heavier than some other brands. Of which I like. Makes for a more stable base.  They say they go up to 12ft although I've never had them that high before. Only about $65 or so.

Hard to go wrong with just about any of the Ultimate stands. That seems to be a good one.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 11:29:05 AM by Jamin Lynch »

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2015, 06:11:26 PM »

I actually own a pair of the Global Truss ST-132s, the Odyssey LTP8-PROs, and the Odyssey LTP2s.  All said, the ST-132s are definitely my go-to stands.  They have a decent load capacity and get reach reasonably high, but of course are a little on the heavy side too if portability is a concern.  I also find them a little on the ugly side - not sure if that matters to you.  The LTP8-Pros are very professional looking and actually use a gear mechanism to raise versus the cable and winch found on the ST-132s.  The only drawback with the LTP8-Pros is that they can only reach about 8ft up.  I only use my LTP2s as backup or for a single fixture.  Though better than the budget brands, they simply don't have the leg span or overall weight to make me feel comfortable lifting even half their recommended load capacity to full height.  Then again, I'm also very conservative when it comes to trussing and tripods and if all you're looking to hang is 4 LED units per side I'm sure you'd be fine.

I haven't tried the Ultimate stands for lighting yet but use them exclusively for my speakers.  Like others have said - hard to go wrong with their products.  Hope this helps!

-Jeff

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2015, 09:25:13 PM »

I have the Ultimates. One set for speakers and one for lights. I usually only put a pair of par 64 sized led units on each and often with their 2' extension pole. I don't put more on the bar when I use the extension but with just the stand I am ok with four units on the t bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2015, 09:25:13 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 23 queries.