ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: rio installed at the console  (Read 2542 times)

lindsay Dean

• Classic LAB
rio installed at the console
« on: March 13, 2015, 04:29:51 PM »

My church just had a rio installed at the CL5 console    with the wired snake all the way back to the stage, is this standard ?
"A mans got to know his limitations"
     and Pray for higher guidance

Lee Buckalew

• Classic LAB
  • St. Louis, MO area
    • Pro Sound Advice, Inc.
Re: rio installed at the console
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2015, 04:57:45 PM »

My church just had a rio installed at the CL5 console    with the wired snake all the way back to the stage, is this standard ?

Sometimes, if the snake already exists or if you need to use channels of th snake for other uses like turned around or for intercom. 
In most cases it is far less expensive to run your 2 Cat cables from the console to the location where folks want the RiO.

Lee
Lee Buckalew
Pro Sound Advice, Inc.

Alex Donkle

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2015, 11:44:09 PM »

This is also done on occasions where the control booth / sound board is in a lockable, secured room and the stage is not. In some venues, Rio boxes can grow legs and walk away.
Consultant

Thomas Lamb

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2015, 10:42:53 AM »

If it's in old snake it's common practice for a easy plop in place install. If they ran a new snake well that's just weird.

I worked a venue in Texas that had 3 D SHOW with 2 stage rack at each FOH, Broadcast, and monitors in a brand new biulding don't know why but the designer ran 96 ch of analog line from the split to each desk and the stage boxes were located next to each desk in a brand new biulding. Probably 50-75k in wasted copper connectors and time.
bigTlamb

"If you suck on a functional analog desk, you'll really suck on a complex digital desk...." Dick Rees

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2015, 10:42:53 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 23 queries.