ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Presonus RM32AI anyone?  (Read 10584 times)

Adam Greene

Re: Presonus RM32AI anyone?
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2015, 09:52:12 PM »

I'm not doing anything different when these replies keep showing up in the quote field.  Man I hate computers and I'm about to be stuck mixing on one!  This is my wilderness!

Kent Thompson

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2015, 11:43:27 AM »

Some random thoughts...in no particular order.

You should be thankful you are only leasing the console.

It might be wise to start embracing computers. Every console manufacturer now makes digital consoles of one type or the other. You will eventually end up running one at some point either at your current church or some other place.

Why not ask to take the money spent towards leasing the mixer and use it to get a proper crossover?

Budget is always a problem especially in smaller churches but, you can shop around for used equipment like a dbx pa+ (not my favorite piece of gear but it works)that can do crossovers for relatively little cash. Even cheaper there are simple 2 and 3 way crossovers around as well that I would use before any "eq"

Adam Greene

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2015, 12:02:05 PM »

The peavey vsx26 is pretty decent and that is what I'll be using.  Thanks for all the help and critique everyone!

Adam Greene

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2015, 12:06:48 PM »

The peavey vsx26 is pretty decent and that is what I'll be using.  Thanks for all the help and critique

BTW.  I have a full blown computer based home recording studio, so I don't hate computers all that bad.  Also I HAVE to have at minimum a 4 way mono crossover with delay on each output.  Thanks again.

Adam Greene

« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2015, 08:55:32 AM »

BTW.  I have a full blown computer based home recording studio, so I don't hate computers all that bad.  Also I HAVE to have at minimum a 4 way mono crossover with delay on each output.  Thanks again.

Hey Folks, 
Just as a follow up, we installed the RM mixer the last couple of days and it is freakin awsome!  So far absolutely glitch free.  I took EVERYONE'S advice and installed a crossover.   I installed my VSX 26 in the system as a mono 4 way crossover.  Very precise control over all the recommended Electo-Voice delay, slope and peq settings.  Pretty impressive unit for the money.  I've had a DBX DR260 and I like the Peavey better.  The GUI with the RM is very intuitive and frankly easy.  We just got it installed however, and I will follow up after a large Praise and worship event we are having at the end of the month.  With guest singers and musicians we will be using all 32 inputs on the mixer with about 22 open mics counting the drum kit, choir and mic'ed guitar amps.  Thanks guys.
Adam

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2015, 09:33:53 AM »

Hey Folks, 
Just as a follow up, we installed the RM mixer the last couple of days and it is freakin awsome!  So far absolutely glitch free.  I took EVERYONE'S advice and installed a crossover.   I installed my VSX 26 in the system as a mono 4 way crossover.  Very precise control over all the recommended Electo-Voice delay, slope and peq settings.  Pretty impressive unit for the money.  I've had a DBX DR260 and I like the Peavey better.  The GUI with the RM is very intuitive and frankly easy.  We just got it installed however, and I will follow up after a large Praise and worship event we are having at the end of the month.  With guest singers and musicians we will be using all 32 inputs on the mixer with about 22 open mics counting the drum kit, choir and mic'ed guitar amps.  Thanks guys.
Adam
Thanks for the update - I'm glad it's working well for you. I've heard others say they prefer the Peavey to the DR260 - that doesn't surprise me.

Adam Greene

« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2015, 11:11:20 AM »

Greetings All,
 I promised a follow up after the large P&W event we had on March 28th.   
The set up:
Miced drum kit - 8 mics including 2 OH's in an enclosure
Bass guitar amp - direct input
Lead guitar amp - miced
Rythm guitar amp - direct
2nd rythm guitar amp - direct
1 keyboard
Computer input for backing tracks (for click tracks basically)
9 wireless vocal praise team mics including the PT leader
2 choir mics (30 member choir)
3 live monitor mixes - Front of stage, side stage and choir
5 headphone monitor mixes for the musicians

The mixer itself is very good.  The Fat Channel - dynamics (4 band PEQ, HPF, compression, limiting, and gate) settings on every input channel, 3 main mix outputs L, R, Mono (or center) , all 16 auxiliary outputs, and all 4 internal effects banks are very good.  Plus 31 band GEQ on all main outs and the first 12 aux outs.  All very good. 
The problem with this mixing system is the control software.  It works fine on a typical Sunday service, but with every musician, the PT leader and the main control computer all making adjustments, it gets very glitchy.  BTW you can lock out the musicians from adjusting the main mix.  What seems to happen the most is lock ups, (not on the main computer - it is hooked up via ethernet to the router) but all the wi-fi devices.  Also, when they were working, they may jump from one auxiliary channel to another with no warning.  During sound check, one of the guitarists was trying to turn up the PT leader in his mix and was actually turning him up in the side live monitors to the point of causing extreme feedback.  And of course everyone was looking at me.  When everything settled down and they gave up on adjusting and allowed me to set everything for them as they wanted, it was fine.  Adjusting monitors took way more time that setting the main mix.  The program itself came off without a hitch.  It was great actually.  I would much prefer a physical mixing surface with an option for ipad or other control.  However, if Presonus can work out the bugs, they have a real winner here.   
Thanks and God Bless,
Adam

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2015, 11:11:20 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 26 queries.