ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Club rig Soundco's in Arizona and New Mexico  (Read 1446 times)

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
Club rig Soundco's in Arizona and New Mexico
« on: February 23, 2015, 06:12:55 PM »

OK, so I just got back from AZ and NM with the band I work for. Thursday, Fri, and Sat nights were at Denim and Diamonds club chain. D&D has an "in house" soundco called Arizona Sound. They are among the worst rigs I have ever used. Plus they lacked any power distribution whatsoever. Basically D&D has a separate LLC called Arizona Sound, which consists of one guy that will purchase, as cheaply as possible, used sound gear that he will then send to the club (he doesn't even install it!) which is then left up to the club to put together and make it work.  Usually it means the DJ at said club puts these things together, although several of the clubs will hire a local "soundguy" to come in and work the shows.

Any way. Each club pays Arizona sound $1000 bucks every time they use the PA.

So what I want to know is, who has a decent club rig in the AZ, NM area that will work for a grand a night? Because I don't ever want to deal with these clowns again! Send me names that I can call next time we go out there. Which will probably be 6-8 months from now....

For info, these clubs hold @ 1000 per. We draw 600-800 when we are in the area. We are self contained on stage and at FOH, but our support act needed a FOH desk.

Thanks ya'll
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

David Buehler

• db Production Services LLC
Re: Club rig Soundco's in Arizona and New Mexico
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 02:53:53 AM »

Hey Tim, we're in NM. Email me a shout and I'll send you some referrals. We don't do much in the club level here but might have something I can put together.

[email protected]

OK, so I just got back from AZ and NM with the band I work for. Thursday, Fri, and Sat nights were at Denim and Diamonds club chain. D&D has an "in house" soundco called Arizona Sound. They are among the worst rigs I have ever used. Plus they lacked any power distribution whatsoever. Basically D&D has a separate LLC called Arizona Sound, which consists of one guy that will purchase, as cheaply as possible, used sound gear that he will then send to the club (he doesn't even install it!) which is then left up to the club to put together and make it work.  Usually it means the DJ at said club puts these things together, although several of the clubs will hire a local "soundguy" to come in and work the shows.

Any way. Each club pays Arizona sound $1000 bucks every time they use the PA.

So what I want to know is, who has a decent club rig in the AZ, NM area that will work for a grand a night? Because I don't ever want to deal with these clowns again! Send me names that I can call next time we go out there. Which will probably be 6-8 months from now....

For info, these clubs hold @ 1000 per. We draw 600-800 when we are in the area. We are self contained on stage and at FOH, but our support act needed a FOH desk.

Thanks ya'll
David Buehler
Owner
db Production Services LLC

Audio - Video - Staging & Roofs - Crewing - Production Management & Design

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2015, 11:45:29 AM »

Hey Tim, we're in NM. Email me a shout and I'll send you some referrals. We don't do much in the club level here but might have something I can put together.

[email protected]

Thanks David, will do.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2015, 11:45:29 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 25 queries.