ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Miking Flea's Bass  (Read 11521 times)

John L Nobile

Re: Miking Flea's Bass
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2015, 05:45:48 PM »

The specific model to look for is Beta98-AMP.  Shure came out with this version 3 years ago (if memory serves) for this specific application and they are fantastic.  You can buy them individually or in 3-packs.

http://www.shure.com/americas/products/microphones/beta/beta98amp-miniature-cardioid-drum-microphone

I'm really tempted to get 3 of these but our new drummer will be reading charts and not looking at the kit so I gotta question whether they'll take a few hits.

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2015, 06:15:40 PM »

I'm really tempted to get 3 of these but our new drummer will be reading charts and not looking at the kit so I gotta question whether they'll take a few hits.

Observe where he hits and don't put mics there. They don't need to be that close. Drums are loud. I see too many mics placed where they might get hit. I always ask the drummer if my mic placement is in their way and err on staying further away.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Tom Burgess

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2015, 06:46:25 PM »

never seen those before.  those are cool...
They are really slick.  I first got to use them right after they were released with Jim Riley on a Ludwig Classic maple kit we provided for a clinic he was doing at a teaching / performance studio here in town and was VERY pleased with the results.  I've turned several of my fellow drum and sound junkies on to them since and they've been a hit everywhere they've been tried.

Jim, incidentally, is an excellent musician, clinician, and teacher.  If any PSW'ers out there get the opportunity to see one of his clinics, whether you're a drummer or not, it is well worth whatever time and money it takes to learn from this guy.
If the band sounds great, it's because the band IS great, if the band sound like crap, it's the soundman's fault.

Opinions expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily those of the company for which I work.

John L Nobile

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2015, 07:39:17 PM »

Observe where he hits and don't put mics there. They don't need to be that close. Drums are loud. I see too many mics placed where they might get hit. I always ask the drummer if my mic placement is in their way and err on staying further away.
DC

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I like them close to minimize bleed. I might try them further away now that I have frequency conscious gates

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2015, 07:39:17 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 24 queries.