ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: A&H T112 iPad control  (Read 11257 times)

Mike Sokol

• Lead instructor for the No~Shock~Zone
    • No~Shock~Zone Electrical Safety
Re: A&H T112 iPad control
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2015, 06:33:06 PM »

I have a chance to swap out the MixRack32 and MixRack48 for a single MixRack64. So my question is this. With a single MixRack64 on a T112 surface will I still have my 8 TRS and 4 RCA inputs on the console available? That is, can I have 64 XLR mic inputs from the MixRack, plus the 8 TRS Line and 4 RCA inputs from the desk all running at the same time. Can I access all of these inputs and outputs from the iPad app? Is anyone doing exactly this? Are there any other things to worry about?

Jens Droessler

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2015, 07:11:55 PM »

No. You can only have 64 mixable inputs per iDR, excluding internal FX returns and talkback. The mix engine in the iDR only supports that much. For example if you use four inputs on the surface, you can only use 60 on an iDR64 at the same time. If you want more than 64 channels mixed, you need the dual rack setup, which isn't supported by the iPad MixApp as said. The MixApp doesn't even support the xDR16 channel extension (can't set the preamps). Both these issues could probably be fixed by the A&H programmers with some work... but I'm probably expecting too much support for an app for only about 100 bucks.

Darren Scaresbrook

• Adelaide, South Australia
    • Concert Systems Australia
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2015, 04:26:58 AM »

No. You can only have 64 mixable inputs per iDR, excluding internal FX returns and talkback. The mix engine in the iDR only supports that much. For example if you use four inputs on the surface, you can only use 60 on an iDR64 at the same time. If you want more than 64 channels mixed, you need the dual rack setup, which isn't supported by the iPad MixApp as said. The MixApp doesn't even support the xDR16 channel extension (can't set the preamps). Both these issues could probably be fixed by the A&H programmers with some work... but I'm probably expecting too much support for an app for only about 100 bucks.
Console manufacturers have to pay developers to write software, it's unavoidable.
Regardless which console you use you will be paying for the app. No apps are free, you are paying for them in the price of the console. At least with A&H you are not forced to pay if you don't want to use it.
Darren

Mark Oakley

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2015, 12:46:02 PM »

I run a T112/IDR-48 and I remote mix from my I-Pad on every gig. I don't use the A&H Mixpad app: I have iLive Editor on my laptop controlling the board and remote control that with Real VNC from my I-pad. As far as I know there are some features missing from the Mixpad app (like the ability to edit EFX parameters) that I use during a show.

The question is: Does Editor support Dual-Rack mode? Or is it possible to have two instances of Editor running; each instance controlling a Mix-Rack? Editor does not support Dual-Rack in off-line mode, so there's no way for me to test it. I would search the user Forums or contact A&H tech support at: http://community.allen-heath.com/forums/forum/ilive

-Mark
Oakley Audio

Darren Scaresbrook

• Adelaide, South Australia
    • Concert Systems Australia
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2015, 09:31:54 PM »

I run a T112/IDR-48 and I remote mix from my I-Pad on every gig. I don't use the A&H Mixpad app: I have iLive Editor on my laptop controlling the board and remote control that with Real VNC from my I-pad. As far as I know there are some features missing from the Mixpad app (like the ability to edit EFX parameters) that I use during a show.

The question is: Does Editor support Dual-Rack mode? Or is it possible to have two instances of Editor running; each instance controlling a Mix-Rack? Editor does not support Dual-Rack in off-line mode, so there's no way for me to test it. I would search the user Forums or contact A&H tech support at: http://community.allen-heath.com/forums/forum/ilive

-Mark

From memory there can be up to 16 instances of the editor running simultaneously.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2015, 09:31:54 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 20 queries.