ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: A&H T112 iPad control  (Read 11242 times)

Mike Sokol

• Lead instructor for the No~Shock~Zone
    • No~Shock~Zone Electrical Safety
A&H T112 iPad control
« on: February 05, 2015, 07:43:29 AM »

I'm working on an Allen & Heath T112 system and just hooked up an iPad for remote control. However, it has a 48 channel "master" MixRack plus a 32 channel "slave" MixRack, and there doesn't appear to be any way for the iPad to control the Slave Rack, only the Master Rack. Are there any aftermarket patches that will allow iPad control of the Slave Rack? Can I hang a second WIFI router on the Slave Rack and jump onto it as a second Master Rack using the iPad? Any workarounds out there?

Ted Christensen

Re: A&H T112 iPad control
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 08:11:01 AM »

I'm working on an Allen & Heath T112 system and just hooked up an iPad for remote control. However, it has a 48 channel "master" MixRack plus a 32 channel "slave" MixRack, and there doesn't appear to be any way for the iPad to control the Slave Rack, only the Master Rack. Are there any aftermarket patches that will allow iPad control of the Slave Rack? Can I hang a second WIFI router on the Slave Rack and jump onto it as a second Master Rack using the iPad? Any workarounds out there?

that's good question I bet if you called ams they could tell you. my first guess would be if you did set up a second router with a different network and yes you could. there's a tutorial on how to network with the I live make sure you watch it if you haven't done this before you can't just have the router 192. 168. 1. 1 or .2 or .3. The ilive needs that for its communication
Danley SH46 / Th115 / EV ZX5 / EV QRX212H / QSC HPR / Lab Gruppen / Chauvet / Blizzard / Allen and heath ilive

Mike Sokol

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2015, 08:25:49 AM »

that's good question I bet if you called ams they could tell you. my first guess would be if you did set up a second router with a different network and yes you could. there's a tutorial on how to network with the I live make sure you watch it if you haven't done this before you can't just have the router 192. 168. 1. 1 or .2 or .3. The ilive needs that for its communication

Yes, I watched the tutorial and have the first WIFI router set up to miss the IP addresses of the iLive surface and MixRacks. So that's all working great, but I want to access the Slave rack from the iPad as well. I have a call into tech support about this, but was thinking this should be a common question. I'll report back what I find out.

John Moore

• "learning the hard way sucks donkey kong"
    • Trinity Productions
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2015, 12:13:38 AM »

Slave as in expander for more channels or slave for doing independent monitors?
http://www.trinityprosound.com 209-832-8023
DEALER:Dealer for Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, Danley Sound Labs, VTC, Allen & Heath, Ashly, Denon,  Audix, One Systems, Beyerdynamic, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate,  Trusst, Road Ready, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, dB Technologies, RCF, American Audio,  Rapco, CBI Cables, ADJ, Chauvet, Blizzard, Furman, Shure, Tascam, Elite Screens,  BenQ, Midas, Digico,  and many many more...

Mike Sokol

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2015, 12:37:48 AM »

Slave as in expander for more channels or slave for doing independent monitors?

We're using the slave for more input channels.

Ted Christensen

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2015, 08:50:08 AM »

We're using the slave for more input channels.

have you besides running ace between the two run a network cable?
Danley SH46 / Th115 / EV ZX5 / EV QRX212H / QSC HPR / Lab Gruppen / Chauvet / Blizzard / Allen and heath ilive

Mike Sokol

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2015, 09:21:20 AM »

have you besides running ace between the two run a network cable?

No, after we ran an extra Cat5 cable which we were going to use for a network in addition to an ACE connection, we were advised by A&H tech support that we only needed the ACE cable. But that's an interesting point. Perhaps running both the network and ACE lines would add iPad connection across both MixRacks. 

Jens Droessler

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2015, 05:39:14 PM »

The configuration you have is called 'dual rack mode' and is NOT supported by the iPad mixapp. You will only see the channels of the first rack, no matter what. Another shortcoming of this pretty expensive (in comparison) app.

Ted Christensen

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2015, 07:44:21 PM »

The configuration you have is called 'dual rack mode' and is NOT supported by the iPad mixapp. You will only see the channels of the first rack, no matter what. Another shortcoming of this pretty expensive (in comparison) app.

Bummer! There is so munch potential  with the ilive but they have basicly given up on it over the years.

Jens Droessler

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2015, 10:40:57 PM »

Exactly. A lot of potential, a lot of possible, not that hard to do enhancements. Especially the iPad app is a big letdown, as basic features are missing which basically every other mixer app has FOR FREE now. And as every newer A&H product has some detail missing I expect in a modern digital mixer the two iLive systems will be the last A&H systems I bought. It is still their top of the line product, there was a promise of ongoing development and that's what I expect for my hard earned money.

Mike Sokol

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2015, 06:33:06 PM »

I have a chance to swap out the MixRack32 and MixRack48 for a single MixRack64. So my question is this. With a single MixRack64 on a T112 surface will I still have my 8 TRS and 4 RCA inputs on the console available? That is, can I have 64 XLR mic inputs from the MixRack, plus the 8 TRS Line and 4 RCA inputs from the desk all running at the same time. Can I access all of these inputs and outputs from the iPad app? Is anyone doing exactly this? Are there any other things to worry about?

Jens Droessler

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2015, 07:11:55 PM »

No. You can only have 64 mixable inputs per iDR, excluding internal FX returns and talkback. The mix engine in the iDR only supports that much. For example if you use four inputs on the surface, you can only use 60 on an iDR64 at the same time. If you want more than 64 channels mixed, you need the dual rack setup, which isn't supported by the iPad MixApp as said. The MixApp doesn't even support the xDR16 channel extension (can't set the preamps). Both these issues could probably be fixed by the A&H programmers with some work... but I'm probably expecting too much support for an app for only about 100 bucks.

Darren Scaresbrook

• Adelaide, South Australia
    • Concert Systems Australia
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2015, 04:26:58 AM »

No. You can only have 64 mixable inputs per iDR, excluding internal FX returns and talkback. The mix engine in the iDR only supports that much. For example if you use four inputs on the surface, you can only use 60 on an iDR64 at the same time. If you want more than 64 channels mixed, you need the dual rack setup, which isn't supported by the iPad MixApp as said. The MixApp doesn't even support the xDR16 channel extension (can't set the preamps). Both these issues could probably be fixed by the A&H programmers with some work... but I'm probably expecting too much support for an app for only about 100 bucks.
Console manufacturers have to pay developers to write software, it's unavoidable.
Regardless which console you use you will be paying for the app. No apps are free, you are paying for them in the price of the console. At least with A&H you are not forced to pay if you don't want to use it.
Darren

Mark Oakley

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2015, 12:46:02 PM »

I run a T112/IDR-48 and I remote mix from my I-Pad on every gig. I don't use the A&H Mixpad app: I have iLive Editor on my laptop controlling the board and remote control that with Real VNC from my I-pad. As far as I know there are some features missing from the Mixpad app (like the ability to edit EFX parameters) that I use during a show.

The question is: Does Editor support Dual-Rack mode? Or is it possible to have two instances of Editor running; each instance controlling a Mix-Rack? Editor does not support Dual-Rack in off-line mode, so there's no way for me to test it. I would search the user Forums or contact A&H tech support at: http://community.allen-heath.com/forums/forum/ilive

-Mark
Oakley Audio

Darren Scaresbrook

• Adelaide, South Australia
    • Concert Systems Australia
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2015, 09:31:54 PM »

I run a T112/IDR-48 and I remote mix from my I-Pad on every gig. I don't use the A&H Mixpad app: I have iLive Editor on my laptop controlling the board and remote control that with Real VNC from my I-pad. As far as I know there are some features missing from the Mixpad app (like the ability to edit EFX parameters) that I use during a show.

The question is: Does Editor support Dual-Rack mode? Or is it possible to have two instances of Editor running; each instance controlling a Mix-Rack? Editor does not support Dual-Rack in off-line mode, so there's no way for me to test it. I would search the user Forums or contact A&H tech support at: http://community.allen-heath.com/forums/forum/ilive

-Mark

From memory there can be up to 16 instances of the editor running simultaneously.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2015, 09:31:54 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 21 queries.