ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: SUPERBOWL XLIX Critique Thread  (Read 16166 times)

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
SUPERBOWL XLIX Critique Thread
« on: January 31, 2015, 08:24:59 PM »

So let's get it started now!

Things to talk about:
- Half Time Show, Why It Rocked
- Half Time Show, Why It Sucked
- Armchair Quarterbacking the Broadcast Mix, i.e. "I could mix that better."
- Discussion About Why The Patriots Have Small Balls (I mean, under-inflated...)
- Who The Hell Is Katy Perry?
- What Was That Ref Looking At? He Clearly Wasn't Watching The Play!
- We're Out Of Beer.
- We Got More Beer.

:)
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
Re: SUPERBOWL XLIX Critique Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2015, 08:29:13 PM »

who won?

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2015, 08:31:27 PM »

who won?

JR

I'm not a hockey fan, and even I know that the game is tomorrow. Shimminies. :D
Kelcema Audio

Jeff Carter

• Kitchener, ON, Canada
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2015, 09:16:35 PM »

I'm just posting here so I don't get fined.
Mothers, don't let your babies grow up to be physics PhDs

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2015, 09:45:16 PM »

Might as well go ahead and post the theme song

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/ac-dc-big-balls-tom-brady-deflategate/
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2015, 11:40:15 PM »

Might as well go ahead and post the theme song

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/ac-dc-big-balls-tom-brady-deflategate/

Well sport fans, it's Leave It To Beaver time again. I suppose if the balls were up in pressure the 1/2 lb the league says they needed in the first half the Pats would have won the game by about 100 to 7. Enough about our balls in New England. I never knew there were so many poor losers with a fetish for Tom Brady's balls. If you want the real story you need to hear it from the horses mouth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feuNeJewzDo&feature=youtu.be
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2015, 12:10:44 AM »

Well sport fans, it's Leave It To Beaver time again. I suppose if the balls were up in pressure the 1/2 lb the league says they needed in the first half the Pats would have won the game by about 100 to 7. Enough about our balls in New England. I never knew there were so many poor losers with a fetish for Tom Brady's balls. If you want the real story you need to hear it from the horses mouth.

I definitely agree that the inflating of a football probably had little to do with the eventual outcome of the game, but at the same time, Integrity Is Doing The Right Thing When No One Is Looking.

Either way, let's see what happens tomorrow. I'll look forward to another Seahawks win, though! :)

-r
Kelcema Audio

Steve Hurt

• Lab Lounge
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2015, 03:22:14 AM »

No one has said that the Colts would have won that game.  The Colts have, to a man, said that if they were using bricks or jello fr a ball, we still would have lost by 40 points.  We got hammered.   And we should have lost by 10 more points.

The issue is not the win, it's that the Pats were caught cheating -again-

Last time the Pats got caught, they had been cheating for 7 years before they got caught.  And they won every single superbowl the team has ever won while cheating.  Ask any QB if he would be better if he was informed on what defense the other team is running ....every.....single....play.

The only question in my mind is:  What else are they doing, that they haven't been caught at yet.

Even Kraft is on board with this crap (he asked for an apology from the NFL)

The "if we don't get caught, it's not cheating" mentality is so ingrained in their culture from top to bottom that it is time to just cut the cancer out and be done with it.  I say: pull the franchise and send it to Los Angeles

THAT would send a message that the NFL is serious about cheating AND get a team to L.A.

"If you cheat on the practice field, you'll cheat in the game. If you cheat in the game, you'll cheat the rest of your life. I'll not have it."
-- Vince Lombardi

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2015, 07:59:57 AM »

"I say: pull the franchise and send it to Los Angeles"

And then the entire west coast would sing songs of praise and hero worship to their newly acquired super team.

There is absolutely no proof of any wrong doing with the exception the "locker room guy" stopped to take a piss while in possession of the balls. This is an issue that's blown well out of proportion, and an issue that needs to be addressed by every team in the league, not just the Pats. There are two facts that no one speaks of at all. Every QB in the game has his own preference for pressure, and every one of the QB's has admitted to either using too much pressure or too little pressure.

It is also know throughout the league that the refs were not checking pressure at all. A cursory look at the balls was the extent of the inspection, but nothing has been said for the many years this had become common practice, until the Ravens lost their game. Not a person on the field could pick up a ball and say it was softer, harder, or within the 2psi limit specified by the NFL. But the Ravens bitched, planted a seed, and the rest is now history. Prove the balls were doctored during the game or after the refs inspected them. If not the subject is dead.

As for spygate there is no doubt the rules were broken. Filming from the position the camera was in is forbidden, not a point that's well known, however, filming is NOT forbidden. So coach Bill takes the hit for a practice common throughout the league, loses a 1st round draft pick, and he and the team are fined.

In the end I agree there should be some punishment if it is proven beyond question the team intentionally altered the air pressure AFTER the refs checked them, but there is no such proof and it's time to move on. However, perhaps the other five (5) QBs who have admitted they raise or lower the pressure before giving the balls to the refs should be punished as well.

On another subject, you're a nut case Steve. I appreciate the thought, but it was too much and now YOU need to be punished. No soup for you. 

Pats by 3.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2015, 10:55:38 AM »

What's the over-under on Katy Perry being properly inflated?

It's just football but interesting how much money we are willing to throw at a kids game, while people are literally starving around the world. For only $0.60 a day or $19.00 a month you can adopt this family in ________. I guess this is the modern day equivalent of the Roman Coliseum. Enjoy I hope it is a good game. I may drop in to watch but it rarely holds my attention. I guess the half time show is the big entertainment draw. Historically it entertains people here complaining about it.

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2015, 10:55:38 AM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 26 queries.