ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iLive: Channels will not BUSS!  (Read 2132 times)

Jasen Chung .

iLive: Channels will not BUSS!
« on: January 31, 2015, 05:08:03 PM »

Hi Guys,

So I have these two particular channels that will not buss anywhere I send it on the iLive T112. It will only go out to the mains. They're the ambient misc I need of our singers on stage. The auxiliary channels I'm directing to are completely fine as other channels will buss just fine. It's quite odd only the ambient mic channels are not bussing anywhere, two inputs that are completely in different sides of the stage.

Thoughts? Need for tomorrow!

Any help would be great! :D

Jasen Chung .

Re: iLive: Channels will not BUSS!
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2015, 05:34:44 PM »

Just an update,

What's REALLY weird is that when I plug in the ambient mic's to another channel, those new two channels won't buss. Is there any way these microphones are preventing Bussing? That makes no sense.

O_o

Hi Guys,

So I have these two particular channels that will not buss anywhere I send it on the iLive T112. It will only go out to the mains. They're the ambient misc I need of our singers on stage. The auxiliary channels I'm directing to are completely fine as other channels will buss just fine. It's quite odd only the ambient mic channels are not bussing anywhere, two inputs that are completely in different sides of the stage.

Mark McFarlane

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015, 01:59:20 PM »

Your logic is correct, mics can't affect bussing. The only 'exception' I could think of is some really bad software bug where if you turn on phantom power you can't buss.  Other than that, the console has no idea what kind of mic you plugged in. 
Mark McFarlane

Jeff Baumgartner

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2015, 02:12:18 PM »

When you say they won't "buss", do you mean that when you assign it to the buss and away from the mains, the buttons can't be selected or you hit the button, it shows the change but nothing happens?

troubleshooting 101, did you power cycle? Although with your second test, it appears it won't make a difference.

Never had anything remotely happen like this on our T112.
Jeff Baumgartner

Show Technologies Audio Visual

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2015, 03:04:39 PM »

Hi Guys, The auxiliary channels I'm directing to are completely fine as other channels will buss just fine.

[pedant]Why is it a problem that your mixes won't kiss? I have never run into that issue. The word that refers to a common signal or electrical path is "bus". There is only one "S" in that word. The word "buss" has an entirely unrelated meaning. The confusion probably stems from the name on an electrical component company the Cooper Bussmann Company, who made a line of fuses called "Buss" fuses.[/pedant]

Mac

Ted Christensen

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2015, 08:07:51 PM »

Hi Guys,

Have you tried contacting american music and sound? They are the american support team for ilive and allen and heath. I cant say I have had that issue with mine ever.
Danley SH46 / Th115 / EV ZX5 / EV QRX212H / QSC HPR / Lab Gruppen / Chauvet / Blizzard / Allen and heath ilive

Jasen Chung .

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2015, 11:41:02 PM »

Ok... pardon my ignorance. I completely forgot to send the ambiant misc to Pre-fade to the Aux after I reset the board; the only channels that I need pre-fade.

BUT I learned so much from your posts and having this mistake happen. I know my board and the power of bussing my audio in the ilive more than ever before!

Thank you guys mucho.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2015, 11:41:02 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 22 queries.