ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]   Go Down

Author Topic: New products on the way  (Read 60517 times)

Alec Spence

• Herts, UK
Re: New products on the way
« Reply #120 on: January 28, 2015, 07:15:17 PM »

I just had an email forwarded to me outlining the differences between the SM offering and the Soundcraft branded version.  There is a BIG difference, definitely not the same:

Just checked out the promo on the Soundcraft website.  Shame Shaun, their presenter, does such a lame job.

Noticed that this mixer has an external PSU - really???

Even Behringer manage an IEC input on their XR mixers!!! (But not a Powercon... ;-)  )

Scott Bolt

« Reply #121 on: January 28, 2015, 10:04:04 PM »

I am waiting until the new mini Soundcrafts are out in the wild and can be reviewed by people who own some competitive equipment.

I am sure that Soundcraft would have us believe that they completely revamped the SM mixer.  If it does, in fact, have the sonic qualities of the Expression Si, then they will really have a hit on their hands.  I am a bit skeptical though.

Per Sovik

• Sogn, Norway, Europe
« Reply #122 on: January 28, 2015, 11:07:30 PM »

Soundcraft and PSU are words many of us don't use in the same sentence without a swearing word  ;)

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
« Reply #123 on: January 28, 2015, 11:19:57 PM »

Just checked out the promo on the Soundcraft website.  Shame Shaun, their presenter, does such a lame job.

Even Behringer manage an IEC input on their XR mixers!!! (But not a Powercon... ;-)  )

I don't see an external power supply as a bad thing. I would have an extra as a back up. I would hope it's at least a brick style supply with some form of a locking connector at the mixer and not a generic calculator style wall wart with a non locking connector.

Richard Turner

« Reply #124 on: January 28, 2015, 11:56:43 PM »

I don't see an external power supply as a bad thing. I would have an extra as a back up. I would hope it's at least a brick style supply with some form of a locking connector at the mixer and not a generic calculator style wall wart with a non locking connector.

Get a quote on that slug supply and you will figure out what the four letter words are all about.
Looking at retiring. Local PA market has shrank to 2 guys with guitars and bose l1 compacts or expecting full line array and 16 movers on stage for $300... no middle left going back to event DJ stuff, half the work for twice the pay.

cliff truesdell

« Reply #125 on: January 29, 2015, 12:28:50 AM »

I for one am a bit excited. At least to want to hear them.

If I had a choice I would rather have the powercon supply's as well as a powercon out. But this wouldn't stop me from giving them a listen.

I'm curious about the tunings and the sound quality.

I would like to buy another pair of tops this year and have been pondering the RCF NX10's or 12's. So this new box will probably be in the same ball park.

Luke Geis

• Owner of Endever Music Production's
« Reply #126 on: January 29, 2015, 12:43:13 AM »

In 15 years of doing sound I have never had an IEC come out during a show. Anything is possible, so I am sure given more time it could happen? The ones I have seen that have come out during transport or messing around in the rack was due to bad rack design, obviously you plug it back in and leave things alone.

As much as I would love to have power con everything, it's not the end of the world. To be honest I kinda brushed off the ETX line from Electro Voice. It has FIR tunings and is right there in performance spec's to the SRX800 JBL line. The JBL's are a little bit lighter in weight and I do like the fact that I can have tuning from them that I know. Another plus for JBL is the networking and wireless control over each speaker for tuning, as well as a double 18" sub offering. The pricing of the two series are about even, so JBL edges out in terms of features and options over the EV offering.  The Electro voice line also uses locking IEC technology :)
I don't understand how you can't hear yourself

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #126 on: January 29, 2015, 12:43:13 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 26 queries.