ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: New sound system for new church  (Read 15072 times)

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
Re: New sound system for new church
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2015, 02:08:13 PM »

What brands do you know better?

The Behringer Eurolive are popular here, but i don't know if any of them are enough.

Also, i could get the ZLX or ELX line from Electro Voice. Actually, The EV ELX 115p looks pretty nice.

Do you have any thoughts on them?

Well, Ivan knows Danley really really well, but you'll notice in his sig that he works for them-- and as such, he can answer questions asked about specific Danley items, but he's not able to steer you towards them before the things you're asking about.

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Pablo Sanfilippo

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2015, 02:35:19 PM »

Well, Ivan knows Danley really really well, but you'll notice in his sig that he works for them-- and as such, he can answer questions asked about specific Danley items, but he's not able to steer you towards them before the things you're asking about.

-Ray

Unafortunately, no Danley in Argentina. Zero.

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2015, 08:00:26 PM »

-Ray
And it is out of his budget.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Pablo Sanfilippo

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2015, 09:21:43 AM »

I'm sorry, but i'd like to get this question answered. Would it be easier/cheaper/better-sound-quality to place the stage in the shorter wall?

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2015, 11:02:01 AM »

Yeah, I know... he had just asked what BRANDS do you know better-- and clearly, you know Danley well. :D
Kelcema Audio

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2015, 11:03:16 AM »

I'm sorry, but i'd like to get this question answered. Would it be easier/cheaper/better-sound-quality to place the stage in the shorter wall?

Jonathan addressed this on the 19th; to wit:
Maybe, maybe not. I doubt it would be much cheaper, as you likely would need about the same amount of equipment. However, it's generally easier to get good quality sound, as a single center cluster over the stage will cover the entire width of the room. But you may find that you need to install an additional cluster halfway toward the back, with appropriate delay and processing. In this case, the front and middle clusters overlap coverage somewhat, but it's OK because the middle cluster is delayed so the sound arrives at the listeners' ears at the same time. Issues with comb filtering are minimized.

I hope that made sense, it was kind of rambling.

That delay cluster may eat up the budget... =-\

-Ray
Kelcema Audio

Pablo Sanfilippo

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2015, 11:29:58 AM »

Jonathan addressed this on the 19th; to wit:
That delay cluster may eat up the budget... =-\

-Ray

Oh, i haven't seen that answer, thanks.

Stephen Swaffer

« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2015, 01:54:41 PM »

What I find curious is that it appears you have a rather elaborate ceiling  lighting design, but sound and acoustics appears to be an after thought.  Your floor plan is almost a twin to our church auditorium, and our auditorium is covered very nicely by a well designed single center cluster-but they are mounted about 10 feet/3 m higher than your ceiling.

Not saying ours is better-the auditorium was built in the 1860's so working well with a sound system was not a consideration.  In my limited experience, a higher ceiling is usually easier to work with-but there are others on here that are better qualified in acoustics then I.  Just making the point that room design/acoustics can be just as important as picking the right gear and leaving that to chance on a new auditorium is not wise.
Steve Swaffer

Pablo Sanfilippo

« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2015, 04:42:16 PM »

What I find curious is that it appears you have a rather elaborate ceiling  lighting design, but sound and acoustics appears to be an after thought.  Your floor plan is almost a twin to our church auditorium, and our auditorium is covered very nicely by a well designed single center cluster-but they are mounted about 10 feet/3 m higher than your ceiling.

Not saying ours is better-the auditorium was built in the 1860's so working well with a sound system was not a consideration.  In my limited experience, a higher ceiling is usually easier to work with-but there are others on here that are better qualified in acoustics then I.  Just making the point that room design/acoustics can be just as important as picking the right gear and leaving that to chance on a new auditorium is not wise.

Tle ceiling and lightining is nothing close to definition. I will say i did that ceiling design "just for fun". I mean, it is highly subject to changes. As i said before, i know that acoustics is really important, but sadly we don't have the budget to get professional help. That's because i'm trying to learn everything i can and asking for your help, so we can spend the only money we have on gear.

So, do you have any suggest in what kind of acoustic treatment is better for this room?

Irvin Pribadi

« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2015, 10:47:38 AM »

Pablo,
The new sanctuary you have is similar is size and shape to the one my church is currently constructing to be done next month. My layout is long and I'm running a single cluster hung at 5m high with a 6m high ceiling.

I agree with everything others have said on this thread.
My inputs:
1. Keep the layout wide: your 4m ceiling is quite short and if doing a long layout getting sound evenly over 10m away will need a delay system = more expensive.
2. To reduce cost, I'd suggest a two cluster mono system. Three cluster is better but will be more expensive. Two 90 degree horizontal dispersion speakers will do.
3. Mount speakers as high as possible to get better even coverage.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2015, 10:47:38 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 21 queries.