ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Avatar  (Read 5499 times)

Doug Fowler

• Member since May 1995, 2nd poster on original LAB, moderator on and off since 1997, now running TurboMOD v1.826
  • Administrator
  • Saint Louis, MO USA
Re: Avatar
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2011, 10:50:45 am »

Sorry I'm late - just got my boarding pass and now I'm signed up double.  I got confuzalled when it took so long for the approval that I thought my login was rejected and I registered again using my real name and other email.  Looking at the members list it appears that nicknames are now the norm so maybe my alter persona is welcome here too! :o

We're trying to sort through it.  You are also seeing recording side users, which was not the case before.

Please use your real name userid to post on the SR side.

Thanks....

"It's got electrolytes.  It's got what plants crave."

Tim Mitchell

• Huntsville Alabama USA
    • Wooferhound Sound and Lighting
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2011, 01:31:50 pm »

GIF with your location and your picture, since the new forum software doesn't support locations under the name or image.

You can include your location with a profile change . . .
Click PROFILE in the small menu at the top of the page
Hover your mouse over the MODIFY PROFILE tab on that page
Click on FORUM PROFILE in the Drop Down menu
In the PERSONAL TEXT area enter your location
This will appear under your UserName and Avatar like mine here on the left side of the page

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2011, 01:51:23 pm »

You can include your location with a profile change . . .
Click PROFILE in the small menu at the top of the page
Hover your mouse over the MODIFY PROFILE tab on that page
Click on FORUM PROFILE in the Drop Down menu
In the PERSONAL TEXT area enter your location
This will appear under your UserName and Avatar like mine here on the left side of the page

While you're at it, change your displayed name to your real full name, as has always been required to post on the live sound forums.

Soon, all posts without a real name will be deleted. Users who continue to post here under an alias will be banned, and unfortunately, because the forums are all one now, the ban will include the REP forums.

Mac

Tim Mitchell

• Huntsville Alabama USA
    • Wooferhound Sound and Lighting
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2011, 10:19:50 pm »

change your displayed name to your real full name, as has always been required to post on the live sound forums.

Done

Seb Riou

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2011, 04:31:51 am »

Hey guys, I'm from the dark side (i.e R/E/P)
I appear to not being able to upload an avatar neither. JPG,PNG,GIF none will do
How did you guys sort it out ?

Thanks a bunch

Jason Joseph

• Vibrant Soundz
    • VibrantSoundz.net
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2011, 12:29:30 pm »

Admins and moderators if you need help learning the SMF forum style feel free to ask me questions. Have been using it for many years now as can be seen on http://lifeofthecity.com/loc and know many of the ins and outs.. As for the avatars it would be up to the mods to increase the file size so that larger that 50x50 avatars can be uploaded.. Or guarantee the permissions for the newbie user group allows for such..

Enjoy!!

Mac Kerr

• Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2011, 12:48:46 pm »

Admins and moderators if you need help learning the SMF forum style feel free to ask me questions. Have been using it for many years now as can be seen on http://lifeofthecity.com/loc and know many of the ins and outs.. As for the avatars it would be up to the mods to increase the file size so that larger that 50x50 avatars can be uploaded.. Or guarantee the permissions for the newbie user group allows for such..

Enjoy!!

Avatar size is 80x80, and permissions have always been to allow anyone to upload an avatar. It may make it easier if you edit your avatar image to 80x80 before uploading, although it is supposed to auto resize. I find the image resizing kind of a pain on attachments as it make the screen jump around a bit while it resizes.

Mac

Mac Kerr

• Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Re: Avatar - maximum size
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2011, 12:53:36 pm »

Avatar size is 80x80, and permissions have always been to allow anyone to upload an avatar. It may make it easier if you edit your avatar image to 80x80 before uploading, although it is supposed to auto resize. I find the image resizing kind of a pain on attachments as it make the screen jump around a bit while it resizes.

I just noticed that resizing of uploaded avatars requires a module we do not have installed. To upload an avatar you must first edit it to a maximum size of 80x80 pixels.

Mac

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2011, 01:26:20 pm »

Just tried to upload an 80x70 pixel image and it failed. Is there a filesize limit as well?
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Jason Joseph

• Vibrant Soundz
    • VibrantSoundz.net
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2011, 02:35:18 pm »

Yes there is...
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 20 queries.