ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Power Sequencers?  (Read 8096 times)

John Penkala

Power Sequencers?
« on: December 24, 2014, 08:43:40 AM »

What are folks using for power sequencing? I need a device to safely power up and down a small studio setup. It would have to handle less than 120/15a in 3 stages. I know these units power up in stages. I would assume they power down in reverse order? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

JP

Jerome Malsack

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
Re: Power Sequencers?
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2014, 09:18:16 AM »

Furman has lots of options to build a sequenced network of units if need be. Your application sounds like a standalone three stage unit would do the trick.
Furman has the contractor series that uses a key lock switch for power, maybe useful to keep the curious from turning on your equipment.

David Kaiser

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2014, 03:34:21 PM »

Carvin has the AC120S. 10 outlet Sequencer with voltage and LED pullouts.

Ron Hebbard

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2014, 01:59:48 AM »

What are folks using for power sequencing? I need a device to safely power up and down a small studio setup. It would have to handle less than 120/15a in 3 stages. I know these units power up in stages. I would assume they power down in reverse order? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

JP

Hi John;

Look at Lyntec, I've been installing their sequencers since 1999.  They offer an extremely broad product line.  http://www.lyntec.com/

Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Michael Thompson

• Factor Audio
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2014, 04:45:10 AM »

JP
I've used both the Furman and Middle Atlantic products with much success.  I don't think you could go wrong with either.

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2014, 07:32:02 AM »

Hi John;

Look at Lyntec, I've been installing their sequencers since 1999.  They offer an extremely broad product line.  http://www.lyntec.com/

Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Not easy to find on their site:

http://www.lyntec.com/products/ac-power-control/ac-sequencing-products/
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Thomas Dameron

• SR Forums
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2014, 02:02:33 PM »

I agree with Michael, I haven't ever needed to look further than Middle Atlantic Products or Furman, but I've also recently come across Snap AV and have had good luck with them.   

If all of your power is off the same circuit or just a few circuits usually use MAP's PDC915 .

If you're distributing to more areas, start with MAP USC6 and add remote relays from there. 

I really do NOT like Furman's PS8R.  It works fine but the large orange power button powers off the whole unit WITHOUT executing the sequence, the much subtler black button is the sequence button.  Dumb. 

If you want to get even fancier MAP has some IP based power sequencers that I don't have any experience with personally, but would trust based on good experiences with the  brand.  I have used some from Snap AV that I've been very happy with based on performance, product selection and price.  For instance their rack mountable UPSs seem to be the exact same as MAP's model but costs much less.  Snap AV

Hope this helps,
thomas d.

Michael Lascuola

• WoodlawnSound.com
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2014, 04:11:39 PM »

JP
I've been happy with the Furman PSPROII for a few years.  Yes, it does power down in reverse order.
Colorado Springs, CO

Tom Burgess

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2014, 05:03:24 PM »

Furman's Merit Series has an inexpensive power sequencer:

http://www.furmansound.com/product.php?div=01&id=M-8S
If the band sounds great, it's because the band IS great, if the band sound like crap, it's the soundman's fault.

Opinions expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily those of the company for which I work.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2014, 05:03:24 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 25 queries.