ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Behringer X32 - In Need of Mono In-Ear Mixes  (Read 3860 times)

Rufus Crowder

Behringer X32 - In Need of Mono In-Ear Mixes
« on: December 22, 2014, 10:57:00 AM »

I posted this on the Behringer forum also but in real need of some quick instructions:

I need to have a minimum of 13 separate mono in-ear mixes for a Christmas Eve service. I have two (2) X32's, four (4) S16's, and two X32 Rack's at my disposal although in different racks from other owners. The main system is set-up with an X32 at FOH and connected to two S-16's backstage. The backline gear plugs into the S-16's and the wireless in-ear and microphone systems stationed in the FOH sound booth and plugged in locally. The FOH X32 is configured to provide eight (8) in-ear mixes (outputs 1-8), eight (8) sub-mixes (vocals L-R), drums, guitars, vocal verb, delay, and drum efx.

If this is possible, what would be the best way to accomplish this task? Being that the X32 platform only allows for 8 inputs at a time to be input locally or via the digital snake, would I need to move my wireless racks to the backstage area and set up some sort of monitor console there (X32, X32 Rack)? If yes, then can the monitor console provide that amount of separate in-ear mixes without compromising the FOH console? HELP!

Jonathan Kok

• Toronto
Re: Behringer X32 - In Need of Mono In-Ear Mixes
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2014, 12:10:21 PM »

It's pretty straight-forward. You need to daisy-chain the S-16's and connect them to one of the AES50 jacks on the FOH console, the connect a monitor console to the second AES50 jack. The key is to set up the FOH console's second jack to OUTPUT the exact same stuff that it INPUTS.
I'm assuming the FOH console is already installed and configured properly, with the S-16's daisy-chained and connected to the AES50-A jack on the FOH console. If they're not, you're going to have to do some re-configuration once you've daisy-chained the S-16's.

Step 1. Connect the monitor console's AES50-A to the FOH console's AES50-B.
Step 2: In the FOH console's ROUTING screen, check the HOME tab, and make note of how the INPUTS are routed. Now, go to the AES50-B tab, and set the outputs to EXACTLY what the INPUTS on the HOME screen are set to. So, if on the HOME tab, you see that 'Inputs 1-8' are set to 'Local 1-8', you would then set the AES50-B 'Outputs 1-8' to 'Local 1-8'.
Step 3: In the MONITOR console's ROUTING screen, go to the HOME tab, and ensure all inputs are set to AES50 A1-8, AES50 A9-16, AES50 A17-24, and AES50 A25-32.
Congratulations! You now have a monitor console with access to all of the same inputs as the FOH console.
As far as setting up the outputs on the monitor console for 13 pre-eq aux's, do the following:
on the SETUP screen, the CONFIG tab, select '10+0+6' in the BUS PRE-CONFIGURATION section. This will set the first 10 busses up to be PRE-EQ. Then, select the 'BUS MASTER' fader control, then select BUS 11. Go to the HOME screen, then the CONFIG tab, and change the 'ALL CHANNEL SENDS PRE CONFIGURATION' section accordingly. Do the same for any other busses you want to change.

Rufus Crowder

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2014, 06:29:55 PM »

It's pretty straight-forward. You need to daisy-chain the S-16's and connect them to one of the AES50 jacks on the FOH console, the connect a monitor console to the second AES50 jack. The key is to set up the FOH console's second jack to OUTPUT the exact same stuff that it INPUTS.
I'm assuming the FOH console is already installed and configured properly, with the S-16's daisy-chained and connected to the AES50-A jack on the FOH console. If they're not, you're going to have to do some re-configuration once you've daisy-chained the S-16's.

Step 1. Connect the monitor console's AES50-A to the FOH console's AES50-B.
Step 2: In the FOH console's ROUTING screen, check the HOME tab, and make note of how the INPUTS are routed. Now, go to the AES50-B tab, and set the outputs to EXACTLY what the INPUTS on the HOME screen are set to. So, if on the HOME tab, you see that 'Inputs 1-8' are set to 'Local 1-8', you would then set the AES50-B 'Outputs 1-8' to 'Local 1-8'.
Step 3: In the MONITOR console's ROUTING screen, go to the HOME tab, and ensure all inputs are set to AES50 A1-8, AES50 A9-16, AES50 A17-24, and AES50 A25-32.
Congratulations! You now have a monitor console with access to all of the same inputs as the FOH console.
As far as setting up the outputs on the monitor console for 13 pre-eq aux's, do the following:
on the SETUP screen, the CONFIG tab, select '10+0+6' in the BUS PRE-CONFIGURATION section. This will set the first 10 busses up to be PRE-EQ. Then, select the 'BUS MASTER' fader control, then select BUS 11. Go to the HOME screen, then the CONFIG tab, and change the 'ALL CHANNEL SENDS PRE CONFIGURATION' section accordingly. Do the same for any other busses you want to change.

Jonathan, I am using a copper snake to get my stage inputs to FOH and have connected them to the monitor console (local xlr inputs) which also sits at FOH.  I have connected AES50-A from the monitor console to AES50-B on the FOH console.  I cannot get any sound or signal to show up at FOH.  Routing issue???

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2014, 10:51:50 PM »

Jonathan, I am using a copper snake to get my stage inputs to FOH and have connected them to the monitor console (local xlr inputs) which also sits at FOH.  I have connected AES50-A from the monitor console to AES50-B on the FOH console.  I cannot get any sound or signal to show up at FOH.  Routing issue???

Go into the setup screen and set one of the x32 as master and make sure that the s16 is in slave mode.

Also send screenshots of your routing pages.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2014, 10:51:50 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 25 queries.