ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Meat rack..push cart..or?  (Read 6697 times)

Ted Christensen

Meat rack..push cart..or?
« on: December 17, 2014, 09:11:02 AM »

So i have 4 of these light bars. Its basically a global truss tbar with feet welded on so it can be used one of three ways. Flown, on the ground or on a pole.

They are ok to carry but you can only take one at a time. While a meat rack would be awesome it looks like it can get expensive. i am trying to do this on a budget, then i thought a push cart but those things can get expensive. The bars themselves are 51" long. Anyone have a good idea on how to try and transport all 4 of these in one trip? minus extra hands ofcourse ;)

my budget is around $300
Danley SH46 / Th115 / EV ZX5 / EV QRX212H / QSC HPR / Lab Gruppen / Chauvet / Blizzard / Allen and heath ilive

Bill McIntosh

• Louisville KY
Re: Meat rack..push cart..or?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 09:44:16 AM »

So i have 4 of these light bars. Its basically a global truss tbar with feet welded on so it can be used one of three ways. Flown, on the ground or on a pole.

They are ok to carry but you can only take one at a time. While a meat rack would be awesome it looks like it can get expensive. i am trying to do this on a budget, then i thought a push cart but those things can get expensive. The bars themselves are 51" long. Anyone have a good idea on how to try and transport all 4 of these in one trip? minus extra hands ofcourse ;)

my budget is around $300

If you don't need/want to have them in a box on your truck, take a dolly and add an "A" frame with the necessary hooks.  Cheap end is this:
http://www.uline.com/BL_1809/Hardwood-Dollies

The wheels are a bit on the small side, but you are not talking a lot of mass.

I have two light bars with 4 flat LED par-56 each, they ride inside this:
http://www.audiopile.net/products/Cases/C_Series_Roadcases/C002/C002_series_cutsheet.shtml

But the inside width is too short for your bars.
You always have to do the right thing, but that's not enough. You have a job where people have to trust you. You have to LOOK like you're doing the right thing.

Rich Grisier

• Erie, PA
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 12:22:25 PM »

Do the cables stay on the whole time or is it a removable harness?  If the cables can come off then I have an idea...

Ted Christensen

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 01:10:31 PM »

Do the cables stay on the whole time or is it a removable harness?  If the cables can come off then I have an idea...

They are ziptied to the bars. Usually im a one man show sometimes two.
Danley SH46 / Th115 / EV ZX5 / EV QRX212H / QSC HPR / Lab Gruppen / Chauvet / Blizzard / Allen and heath ilive

Rich Grisier

• Erie, PA
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2014, 01:29:08 PM »

They are ziptied to the bars. Usually im a one man show sometimes two.

If you were to entertain the idea of moving the cable run to the bottom (or top, depending on how you look at it) of the bar, or even making the wiring harness removable you could nest the lights together.  Drill a hole through the bar so the hole goes straight through the bars once they are nested. Run a long bolt through all four so now they can be treated as one unit.

Jerome Malsack

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2014, 01:33:16 PM »

If you were to entertain the idea of moving the cable run to the bottom (or top, depending on how you look at it) of the bar, or even making the wiring harness removable you could nest the lights together.  Drill a hole through the bar so the hole goes straight through the bars once they are nested. Run a long bolt through all four so now they can be treated as one unit.

place the stack on a standard 2 wheel dolly and roll in ??

Ted Christensen

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2014, 01:41:27 PM »

place the stack on a standard 2 wheel dolly and roll in ??

Rich - that is a good idea, it would save on cart space and i could have a shelf for extra stuff. Nice photoshop!

Jerome - I'm not sure that would work for me, or maybe i don't understand you clearly.

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2014, 05:34:57 PM »

Rolling on a dolly will save you the most space in your truck/van/trailer/car.  Jerome's idea sounds like a good one, but if you don't want to drill your bars you can probably make a bracket/rack of some sort with 80/20 (basically an industrial erector set) to hold them together for rolling in on the dolly.

Matt Vivlamore

• Lab Lounge
  • Southern Maryland
    • https://www.facebook.com/MeerkatSound/
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2014, 08:59:59 AM »

Why not build your own case?  2 bars per case.  Make the cases stackable, or wide enough that you can stack monitor wedges and other assorted gig crap on them.
We're based in Southern Maryland, and LIKE us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MeerkatSound/

Rich Grisier

• Erie, PA
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2014, 03:58:42 PM »

Rich - that is a good idea, it would save on cart space and i could have a shelf for extra stuff. Nice photoshop!

Thanks! Sometimes a quick photoshop is better than one of my long-winded explanations. ;)

One big obstacle I see is the 'T' used when setting them on the floor.  If you could make those removable it would allow you to line them up without an offset.  The Warwick RockStand has a plastic 'L' that connects the top bar to the vertical posts. The vertical posts contain a spring loaded pin that mates with a hole in the 'L' piece.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2014, 03:58:42 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 24 queries.