ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Recommendation for octave divider  (Read 14145 times)

Mike Sokol

• Lead instructor for the No~Shock~Zone
    • No~Shock~Zone Electrical Safety
Re: Recommendation for octave divider
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2014, 08:24:33 PM »

Agree. My eyes hurt just looking at those necks. I'm sure it plays well, but for the bending i do, no thanks. Also, seems like your options for fret jobs would be extremely limited...

That's why I play a Hammond B3 and a Mini-Moog. I can play whatever low notes I want, and bend them as much as I like.  ;D

Ned Ward

• SR Forums
  • Redondo Beach, CA
    • Our band's page on Facebook
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2014, 11:48:36 PM »

Mike - hoping you have a lift gate on a van or some very strong roadie friends for that B3...

I may treat my self to the Electro-Harmonix B9 pedal and/or the pitchfork. Bob, Steve and Dick - the pedal is hilarious to try. No you won't replace a real B3, but playing some parts with it in the store just brought a smile to my face. Would be fun to bring to a gig we're doing tomorrow as a foursome (drums/bass/acoustic/electric), but that would violate my rule of no new gear the day before or of a gig...

Steve M Smith

• Isle of Wight - England
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2014, 02:51:57 AM »

Agree. My eyes hurt just looking at those necks

Oh, it's supposed to be like that.  When I first saw it, I thought it was just a dodgy photograph.

I don't think I could get on with that.

I remember seeing a Bond guitar in the 1980s with a carbon fibre fingerboard with a stepped profile no frets).

It was interesting but was never likely to change the guitar world.

EDIT:  Like this:

Steve.

Ned Ward

• SR Forums
  • Redondo Beach, CA
    • Our band's page on Facebook
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2014, 11:52:36 AM »

Ah, the Bond guitar - remember it as well from old Guitar Player magazines. Would be interesting to see how those necks have faired since then. I seem to also remember an awful lot of membrane switches...

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2014, 12:02:04 PM »

Bond guitar. No thanks. Wonder what happens when you wear a flat spot on the top of the slope?

In the picture the inventor of the true temperment guitar looks very sad. Probably a very nice guy, but now wonders why guitar players throw shit at him. I have short fingers and can't imagine bending notes or playing diminished, augmented, Maj7 or 9th chords with my fingers bumping into all that wiggly shit. Besides, intonating a guitar is simple to say the least as long as the guitar is well made. Oh well.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Steve M Smith

• Isle of Wight - England
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2014, 02:07:31 PM »

Bond guitar. No thanks. Wonder what happens when you wear a flat spot on the top of the slope?

They hope you buy a new one!

I saw one in a London shop in the early 80's.  I picked it up, played a couple of chords and put it down thinking 'no thanks'.

I seem to also remember an awful lot of membrane switches...

I think you might be confusing it with the Casio synth guitar.  A fun thing to play - for a few minutes, but just a gimmick really.

Steve.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 02:10:57 PM by Steve M Smith »

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2014, 02:28:43 PM »

OP checking in.  Interesting digressions per usual, enjoy the pics...but I'm working with acoustic guitars basically and still want to just have a way to maintain the low end range/reach of the E string such that I can still get the F/F#/G/G# bass notes when the left hand is working above the 7th fret.  I wouldn't mind extending the lows down to a C, though.

I'll probably get to trying the crossover/pitch shift chain within the next month and see what happens.  With my old midi-accordion expander unit it would simply identify the lowest key played and drop that an octave, but I'm not using a midi-guitar.

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2014, 06:13:07 PM »

OP checking in.  Interesting digressions per usual, enjoy the pics...but I'm working with acoustic guitars basically and still want to just have a way to maintain the low end range/reach of the E string such that I can still get the F/F#/G/G# bass notes when the left hand is working above the 7th fret.  I wouldn't mind extending the lows down to a C, though.

I'll probably get to trying the crossover/pitch shift chain within the next month and see what happens.  With my old midi-accordion expander unit it would simply identify the lowest key played and drop that an octave, but I'm not using a midi-guitar.

You need an Accord-i-tar.  Or a Guitardion.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2014, 07:01:58 PM »

You need an Accord-i-tar.  Or a Guitardion.

Or elective surgery...
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Steve Hurt

• Lab Lounge
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2014, 08:33:23 AM »

You'd have to use a crossover or something to say "nothing above this gets affected", but once you have done that, try the Electro Harmonix Micro Pog.  Tracks as well as any Octave Box I've tried and it's polyphonic.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2014, 08:33:23 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 25 queries.