ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 2.4GHz Wireless DMX Experience  (Read 14096 times)

Rich Grisier

• Erie, PA
Re: 2.4GHz Wireless DMX Experience
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2014, 08:55:28 PM »

Hi Rich - That level of responsiveness is always really encouraging!

Well... I took a chance and got 2 transmitters and 7 receivers.  I'm happy to report all are working fine!!  So far I've only done in-house testing by setting up a few lights in the living room and put the controller in the basement.  No problems at all with anything.  They were basically plug & play.  They worked fine with my RokBoxes.  I did have to supply power to each dongle- so the receivers aren't powered by the RokBox... but I figured that because they told me an external power supply (included) would be needed for each dongle.

Something I thought to be very interesting... the manual was almost direct copy of the Blizzard Wicicle manual!! They used some of the same graphics and a lot of the same wording! Even down to the statement "our Pucks do that".

We'll see how they hold up under gigging conditions.  Good news is, the manual states these have a "3 year guarantee".  I'm glad they didn't pull that section from the Wicicle manual... those only have a 2 year warranty. ;)

Edit: Had first gig with them this weekend.  I used two Receiver/Transmitter pairs.  One set was running four ADJ SCAN250EX's, the other on a pair of Chauvet Scorpion RGY lasers.  Both sets worked flawlessly.  I had a small issue with making sure the power was plugged in securely.  This was easy enough to diagnose by looking at the LED's to verify communications.  I did have to use a small XLR cable connected to the transmitter because there wasn't enough clearance between the fixtures DMX Iput & Output to insert the power supply into the transmitter.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 05:14:24 PM by Rich Grisier »

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: 2.4GHz Wireless DMX Experience
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2014, 08:55:28 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 21 queries.