ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Flying Trap Cabs From T Bars  (Read 7169 times)

Jamin Lynch

• Corpus Christi, TX.
Flying Trap Cabs From T Bars
« on: November 25, 2014, 04:35:35 PM »

There was a discussion not long ago where somebody had info on hardware for flying trap style cabs from T bars. I can't seem to find it anywhere. Anybody have that?

Thanks

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Re: Flying Trap Cabs From T Bars
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 06:40:36 PM »

There was a discussion not long ago where somebody had info on hardware for flying trap style cabs from T bars. I can't seem to find it anywhere. Anybody have that?

Thanks

What do you mean when you say "T Bars"? I would not anything that weighs more than 5lbs from what understand T-Bars to be.

Mac

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 07:03:05 PM »

Thanks

I had T - Bars made for me many years ago to fly some Yorkville ef500p tops that are designed to be flown. The speakers are 89lbs each. The T bars are made of 1 inch solid cam shaft. Welded by a cert. welder and tested will 600lbs of tractor weights. I've had no problems with them. It takes a incredible amount of effort just to move them off level. I use the recommended M10 eye bolts and have collars on each end tightened with thumb screws to keep them in place. In general I don't bring them up more than having the bottom of the speakers about 6 1/2 feet off the ground.

Douglas R. Allen

Jamin Lynch

• Corpus Christi, TX.
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 07:42:32 PM »

What do you mean when you say "T Bars"? I would not anything that weighs more than 5lbs from what understand T-Bars to be.

Mac

It was a T bar that you could suspend a couple of small to medium sized cabinets from and be used with tri-pod jack up stands. 2 cabs up to 100lb each max.

Seems like I saw a picture that had one speaker suspended on either side of a lighting style jack up stand.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 07:55:44 PM »

It was a T bar that you could suspend a couple of small to medium sized cabinets from and be used with tri-pod jack up stands. 2 cabs up to 100lb each max.

Seems like I saw a picture that had one speaker suspended on either side of a lighting style jack up stand.

Ahhh... like in the post above. To me the term "T-Bar" refers to the sheet metal track that suspended ceilings drop into. There are T-Bar clips made to clip onto the track to support small loads.

Mac

Jamin Lynch

• Corpus Christi, TX.
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2014, 08:00:21 PM »

Ahhh... like in the post above. To me the term "T-Bar" refers to the sheet metal track that suspended ceilings drop into. There are T-Bar clips made to clip onto the track to support small loads.

Mac

I was going to say lighting T bars, but I knew I would get jumped on.

Mark Cadwallader

• Helena, Montana USA
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2014, 01:19:37 AM »

Applied Electronics offers a T style bar for flying speakers using the L-16 series of crank lifts. (As well as a dual pole mount speaker bracket.) Mark C.
"Good tools are expensive, but cheap tools are damned expensive."

Lev Raber

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2014, 11:03:25 AM »

I have being using different crank stands myself. For Applied L-16 I have original speaker T-bars and some custom made (rated up to 300 lbs). For Global S-132 I use Mobil Tech T-bars, which is basically 2" pipe welded to 1 and 3/8" adapter to fit on the top of the stand.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 11:06:02 AM by Lev Raber »

Jamin Lynch

• Corpus Christi, TX.
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2014, 01:55:14 PM »

I found this drawing for the Applied speaker adapter. It's similar to this. I believe the other one I saw was a little more heavy duty.

I'm considering flying 2 VP7215's. I would like to be able to tilt the speakers downward a bit.

Anybody uses this one from Applied?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 01:57:49 PM by Jamin Lynch »

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2014, 07:53:42 PM »

This is a U15 and a U215 on a Applied L16. The bar is one of their adjustable truss bars extended with heavy wall box tubing that is pinned in place. Speakers are hung using steel cables, eyebolts and shackles. The nylon straps are being used for pullback and aiming.

Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Meyer Sound, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Intellistage, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, On-Stage, more...

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2014, 07:53:42 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 24 queries.