ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need Panasonic RS232 Help!  (Read 4141 times)

Don Gspann

Need Panasonic RS232 Help!
« on: November 23, 2014, 08:06:08 PM »

Pretty new to RS232 control, but have successfully made other projectors, a Kramer video switcher and screen work.  Having trouble with a new Panasonic PT-DZ680U.  I have tried several cables, different terminal programs, and numerous HEX and ASCII commands. Not sure what I'm missing.  I have also tried another Panasonic projector, but cannot get it to turn on or off or anything. The Kramer video switch works fine! I'm stumped! Are there any special protocols or symbols I may need.

I have tried:  STXPONETX, \x02PONx\03, \\x02PON\\x03,  STX,ADZZ;PON,ETX,   HEX 02,41, 44, 5A, 5A, 3B, 50, 4F, 4E, 03, with and without commas and spaces. Cable is wired 2-3 command, tried reverse too, 5 GND, 7+8 tied.

What am I missing??  BTW, Panasonic's tech support was no use.

Guy Tittley

Re: Need Panasonic RS232 Help!
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 07:43:13 AM »

Obvious thing to try is confirming the RS-232 settings at each end.
I can't find a manual for the PT-DZ680U but Pannies are generally;

Baud rate:  9600
Data bits:  8
Stop bits:  1
Parity:  none

Check the setting are the same at both send + receive ends (they can be changed at the projector end in the menus - check this)
Check you are connecting to the Serial IN 9pin D type (not the Remote in)
Check you are on pins 2, 3 + 5 (Tx, Rx, GND at projector end)

You have tried swapping pins 2 + 3 at one end (obviously Tx should connect to Rx and Rx to Tx)

What are you using to send the control strings? Laptop or a control system?

Does your laptop (?), terminal software and cable control other kit OK (Kramer switcher etc.)?

You could try an echo-back plug (pins 2 to 3, 3 to 2) on the end of the cable to confirm you are sending and receiving.

Pretty new to RS232 control, but have successfully made other projectors, a Kramer video switcher and screen work.  Having trouble with a new Panasonic PT-DZ680U.  I have tried several cables, different terminal programs, and numerous HEX and ASCII commands. Not sure what I'm missing.  I have also tried another Panasonic projector, but cannot get it to turn on or off or anything. The Kramer video switch works fine! I'm stumped! Are there any special protocols or symbols I may need.

I have tried:  STXPONETX, \x02PONx\03, \\x02PON\\x03,  STX,ADZZ;PON,ETX,   HEX 02,41, 44, 5A, 5A, 3B, 50, 4F, 4E, 03, with and without commas and spaces. Cable is wired 2-3 command, tried reverse too, 5 GND, 7+8 tied.

What am I missing??  BTW, Panasonic's tech support was no use.

Don Gspann

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 08:57:05 AM »

Obvious thing to try is confirming the RS-232 settings at each end.
I can't find a manual for the PT-DZ680U but Pannies are generally;

Baud rate:  9600
Data bits:  8
Stop bits:  1
Parity:  none

Check the setting are the same at both send + receive ends (they can be changed at the projector end in the menus - check this)

I was trying to use hyper terminal to test, instead of the URC software. Using the "test" mode in the URC was not working, but for some reason, triggering from the actual "button" worked. I'm not 100% sure if I setup hyper terminal correctly, as I had no luck using it. Do you know how the ASCII setup should be? Should hyperterminal work or is there something better to use for working with rs232?
Check you are connecting to the Serial IN 9pin D type (not the Remote in)
Check you are on pins 2, 3 + 5 (Tx, Rx, GND at projector end)

You have tried swapping pins 2 + 3 at one end (obviously Tx should connect to Rx and Rx to Tx)

What are you using to send the control strings? Laptop or a control system?

Does your laptop (?), terminal software and cable control other kit OK (Kramer switcher etc.)?

You could try an echo-back plug (pins 2 to 3, 3 to 2) on the end of the cable to confirm you are sending and receiving.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 08:57:05 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 22 queries.