ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking to purhcase a Lighting Console  (Read 4622 times)

Johnny Diaz

Looking to purhcase a Lighting Console
« on: November 23, 2014, 12:45:13 AM »

I'm looking to purchase a lighting console in the 6-8K range.  The ones that I'm considering are the HedgeHog 4, Martin M2GO & GrandMa on PC Command Wing.  I would like to have 4 universes with the option of upgrading to 8 universes, have a show simulator, possibly have an external monitor but not urgent.  I will be using this for myself and possible rentals.  Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Cailen Waddell

Re: Looking to purhcase a Lighting Console
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 09:49:33 AM »

What kind of shows/events?  That will help indicate workflow and give us an idea about what sort of options you need in a control surface.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnny Diaz

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2014, 05:44:56 PM »

What kind of shows/events?  That will help indicate workflow and give us an idea about what sort of options you need in a control surface.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The goal is to do shows like the link below. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JC4l9qp-CMM

Josh Daws

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2014, 06:19:25 PM »

i have done similar shows on the M2Go...i love the m-series range!

Johnny Diaz

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2014, 06:49:22 PM »

i have done similar shows on the M2Go...i love the m-series range!

Have you used the grandma pc command wing or hedgehog 4?  If so, how does it compare tot he m2go?

I see that Martin charges for 3D Visualizer.  The Hedge Hog doesnt even have visualizer.  The grandma on pc command wing has a visualizer and its free.

Josh Daws

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2014, 09:46:14 PM »

i have used MA consoles for a while also (not the command wing). i like MA consoles if you are looking to operate in a busking style. yes of course you can set up cue stacks etc, but i just find the MA better for the busking (on the fly) style of lighting.

The M-Series is great for being able to mix the worlds of the theatrical (static looks and scenes) and busking. you can create a lot in cues and sequences and easily create macros. the FX engine is insanely simple, but takes a little to understand. i also find it very user intuitive.

Martin does charge for the 3D visualiser. but you get 6months free for with the M2GO console. personally i haven't really ever needed the visualiser, or rather found the visualiser no more time saving. ive been able to record all my presets and make basic cues/scenes and buttons. then when i get on site its all a matter of updating those presets.

at the end of the day its really going to come down to the style of how you operate as to what you like.

MPC is free software, download it give it a look through and see what you think. but i have been able to creat very easily the FX you showed in the videos and trigger them in cues. see the link to a video of some of the stuff...but again, this can be done on most...its more what you are most comfortable with.

Johnny Diaz

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2014, 10:05:58 PM »

i have used MA consoles for a while also (not the command wing). i like MA consoles if you are looking to operate in a busking style. yes of course you can set up cue stacks etc, but i just find the MA better for the busking (on the fly) style of lighting.

The M-Series is great for being able to mix the worlds of the theatrical (static looks and scenes) and busking. you can create a lot in cues and sequences and easily create macros. the FX engine is insanely simple, but takes a little to understand. i also find it very user intuitive.

Martin does charge for the 3D visualiser. but you get 6months free for with the M2GO console. personally i haven't really ever needed the visualiser, or rather found the visualiser no more time saving. ive been able to record all my presets and make basic cues/scenes and buttons. then when i get on site its all a matter of updating those presets.

at the end of the day its really going to come down to the style of how you operate as to what you like.

MPC is free software, download it give it a look through and see what you think. but i have been able to creat very easily the FX you showed in the videos and trigger them in cues. see the link to a video of some of the stuff...but again, this can be done on most...its more what you are most comfortable with.

Josh,

I really appreciate the demo show.  Thank you.   So you basically created cue's (which are a set of instructions for fixtures) and triggered them with a sequencer on a timer?  With the cue from my understanding, you first have to clear a cue, than program the cue, save the cue, clear cue than start new cue.  Once you have multiple cue's they get triggered with a sequencer.  Is my understand correct?  I have only worked with lighting controller like chauvet show express and some martin light jockey.

Johnny

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2014, 10:05:58 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 24 queries.