ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: The More I Learn...  (Read 4414 times)

Art Nadelman

The More I Learn...
« on: November 19, 2014, 04:08:32 PM »

... the less I know.

Thank you all for teaching me so much.  Sometimes you just don't know what you don't know.  You all teach me something everyday.

Thank you!

Art

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
Re: The More I Learn...
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2014, 04:58:45 PM »

... the less I know.

Thank you all for teaching me so much.  Sometimes you just don't know what you don't know.  You all teach me something everyday.

Thank you!

Art

I concur Art…..these guys and the wisdom they are willing to share is priceless.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2014, 06:42:07 PM »

... the less I know.

Thank you!

Art
There was a time at which I pretty much thought I had this "audio thing" figured out.

AND THEN I started to learn more.  And the more I learned the more I realized how little I actually knew (and those around me)

The deeper you dig-the deeper the hole seems be. 

You will start to have more questions than answers you are getting.

But it's a fun road (at times)-although a bit frustrating at times
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Steve M Smith

• Isle of Wight - England
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2014, 01:54:48 AM »

If we are doing it right, we all learn new stuff all the time. And if we are able, we should also teach.

I have been on this forum for about 18 months now.  I originally found it when I was panicking about having to use a digital mixer for the first time having been an analogue dinosaur for thirty years!

There is a wealth of knowledge here and a lot of great people who are more than willing to share their knowledge.

Steve.

Stefan Maerz

• Knoxville Tennessee
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2014, 02:04:39 PM »

Another upvote from me.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2014, 03:34:40 PM »

If we are doing it right, we all learn new stuff all the time. And if we are able, we should also teach.

I have been on this forum for about 18 months now.  I originally found it when I was panicking about having to use a digital mixer for the first time having been an analogue dinosaur for thirty years!

There is a wealth of knowledge here and a lot of great people who are more than willing to share their knowledge.

Steve.

Steve,  Could not agree more.  I moved from lurker to member/participant about 6 months ago after a panicked gig that everything went wrong.  I  was questioning my abilities and it shook my confidence. 

Anyway, the dialog was great so I started answering a few questions I knew (or thought) I knew the answer to.  Answering questions is a great way to increase your knowledge as many times I will go and look up the question  If I don't know the answer.

I do learn something every day from here. 

You can add me to this that is grateful for the folks that share so freely (it's that time of year for gratitude anyway).

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Lee Douglas

• 47.662615, -116.756954
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2014, 04:06:10 PM »

I do learn something every day from here. 

You can add me to this that is grateful for the folks that share so freely (it's that time of year for gratitude anyway).

Me, too.  I learn something every time I log on.  And like Scott, if I can, I will take the opportunity to teach something, even if it's only how NOT to do something!  A big thanks to everybody here for all that you've taught and are going to teach in the future.
This space for rent

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2014, 04:49:54 PM »

The more I learn the dumber the politicians seem...  :-)

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

Riley Casey

• Wash DC
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2014, 05:01:28 PM »

Hey, no politics in the basement.  Oh wait, anti-politics, well we can't go wrong there. ::)

The more I learn the dumber the politicians seem...  :-)

JR

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2014, 07:15:02 PM »

I am definitely one of those responders that if I am not ABSOLUTELY 100% certain about something, I spend 20 minutes researching it to make sure I am giving the right information. Every time I see a new response in a thread after me, I am scared that it's Tim, or Dick, or Ivan, or Bob, calling me out for being an idiot. :)

-Ray "STILL doesn't understand the math of dBu vs dBv versus whatever and sensitivity and gain and such despite multiple attempts to read up on it" Aberle

ps: and holy snit, post #1000! Woo hoo!
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2014, 07:15:02 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 25 queries.