ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Should I get a new one?  (Read 10291 times)

Steve M Smith

• Isle of Wight - England
Re: Should I get a new one?
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2014, 01:33:09 PM »

I got cheap gas...only $2.82/gallon. Like that's cheap.

It is.  In the UK it's £1.29 per litre.  With 4.54 litre to a gallon, that's £5.87 per gallon.  The US gallon is slightly smaller than an Imperial gallon though so our equivalent is 0.833 x £5.87 = £4.89

That's $7.82 per US gallon!

You Americans have some of the world's cheapest fuel, yet you complain about it more than anyone else!!

Steve.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 01:35:22 PM by Steve M Smith »

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2014, 02:06:29 PM »

It is.  In the UK it's £1.29 per litre.  With 4.54 litre to a gallon, that's £5.87 per gallon.  The US gallon is slightly smaller than an Imperial gallon though so our equivalent is 0.833 x £5.87 = £4.89

You Americans have some of the world's cheapest fuel, yet you complain about it more than anyone else!!

Steve.

We bitch more because we use more...  It's the American Way. /satire
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2014, 02:45:08 PM »

Steve.

Correct, and the squeaky wheel get's the grease. I'll wager most of the cost in the UK is tax related, a problem we solved back in the 1700's.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

lindsay Dean

• Classic LAB
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2014, 02:48:36 PM »

We bitch more because we use more...  It's the American Way. /satire

World wide we all get overcharged for fuel,
  Usa will not be forced into driving tiny boxes and
 over 7 bucks a gallon, not gonna happen, $2.76 is still unacceptable. getting used to getting beat down more or less one day than the next , wrong.
                   God bless America
"A mans got to know his limitations"
     and Pray for higher guidance

Steve M Smith

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2014, 03:12:14 PM »

Correct, and the squeaky wheel get's the grease. I'll wager most of the cost in the UK is tax related, a problem we solved back in the 1700's.

Well, yes.  Almost all of it is tax.  We can complain all we like but the government is going to get whatever tax they need out of us somehow.  If they took it off of fuel, it would be added to something else.  In my opinion, it makes sense to add it to environmentally damaging things like fuel.

I'm sure you managed to work out your own tax system since we allowed you to go off and be independent!

$2.76 is still unacceptable

How far will that get you in an American car?  Almost twenty miles?!!

Steve.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 03:14:34 PM by Steve M Smith »

Jamin Lynch

• Corpus Christi, TX.
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2014, 03:48:02 PM »

Steve.

We use it because we got it.

Tommy Peel

• Longview, Texas
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2014, 04:03:15 PM »

How far will that get you in an American car?  Almost twenty miles?!!

Steve.

It'll get my Focus around 30 miles. I just wish they sold the diesel version over here that gets even better. Then again the Focuses of the generation after mine get around 40mpg, but I can't complain as mine is a 2006 and only has 35k miles on it(I've put 15k on it since March when I bought it).

Steve M Smith

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2014, 04:11:11 PM »

It'll get my Focus around 30 miles. I just wish they sold the diesel version over here that gets even better.

I will only have diesel now.  We have a diesel Renault Kangoo which does 56 mpg.

Steve.

Tommy Peel

• Longview, Texas
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2014, 04:17:50 PM »

I will only have diesel now.  We have a diesel Renault Kangoo which does 56 mpg.

Steve.
There are very few cars on the market over here that get anywhere near that good.... Sigh...

Sent from my Moto X(XT1053) using Tapatalk

Tom Roche

• Behind the Zion Curtain
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2014, 04:31:52 PM »

Yep.  And just because you're paying too much in the UK doesn't mean we should overpay here.

I lived in England over 20 years ago and petrol was expensive then, too.  Brits are (over)taxed on nearly everything and, unfortunately, we're slowly heading in the same direction.  In early 2009 gas cost half of what it does today in the USA, yet we're producing more oil today than ever before.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2014, 04:31:52 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.