ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Eagle Scouts  (Read 3674 times)

Ryan C. Davis

• SL,UT
Re: Eagle Scouts
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2017, 01:06:20 am »

1996!
Ryan Davis

Will Knight

« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2017, 07:10:37 am »

I'm NOT an Eagle Scout.  Scout Program disbanded in my neighborhood after 2 years.  Only spent time as Cub.  But my son IS an Eagle Scout.  Earned it last year.  Made up for it though.  fast foward 50 years and today, I'm a Merit Badge Counselor, Unit Commissioner, OA Brotherhood, Distinquished Scouting Award recipient and current District Chairman in NYC area.  Lots of fun in the "spare time".  Philmont, Seabase, Northern Tier, Ten Mile River (for those in the NorthEast)....love those "bug nights" out in the open under the skies. 

W. Mark Hellinger

« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2017, 09:32:18 am »

Received my Eagle in 1973,
Same here as I recall. 

I'll credit my radio merit badge as likely instrumental to my career path.

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2017, 01:15:34 pm »

Same here as I recall. 

I'll credit my radio merit badge as likely instrumental to my career path.
I got the Radio merit badge as an aside to achieving my "Novice" amateur radio  license. The class instructor/VE was also the local MB counselor for both Radio and Electronics, and correctly noted that completing the exam for Novice also satisfied all of the requirements for the Radio merit badge. (Same with Technician, and the Electronics merit badge.)

I also earned the Signaling merit badge on the LAST day it was available (December 31, 1991), although I understand that it came back for a minute or two to celebrate the BSA's 100th Anniversary in 2010.

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

W. Mark Hellinger

« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2017, 08:29:20 pm »

I got the Radio merit badge as an aside to achieving my "Novice" amateur radio  license.
Pretty much the same here as I recall.  I got my 3rd Phone license as an aside to my Radio merit badge.  My memory isn't clear on the timeline... it's going on 45 years since... but I recall going to Seattle to a federal building to take my 3rd phone test.  My 3rd Phone license was seemingly instrumental in me getting a DJ gig in college a couple years later while enrolled in EE at the local university, and playing a lot of music and getting started in doing sound gigs in-part to pay college bills.  All stepping stones, which I credit in large part to my scouting days.  It's been a really fun ride... some ups and downs, but way fun.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 18 queries.