ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Another "Next Step Up"  (Read 12936 times)

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
Re: Another "Next Step Up"
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2014, 02:55:04 AM »

What do you want me to do film a video interview with the guy? I guess only something that Mr. Dick Rees says is credible. I told you what the issue was I don't know everything about them they weren't mine that failed, I just know they failed and the amp module was replaced by EV.

To the iggy bin with you.

So a request for actual facts elicits this instead of verifiable, substantial information?

Any criticism has been directed at the act of posting hearsay rather than fact.  If you feel guilty about that and prefer to dodge the issue with personal attacks, that doesn't concern me.  This is the issue:

"I told you what the issue was I don't know everything about them they weren't mine that failed, I just know they failed and the amp module was replaced by EV."

I may have missed it, but this is the first mention I've seen of any involvement by EV.  This is more to the point.  Now if you can tell us anything about the cause of the failure that would be helpful. 
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

George Friedman-Jimenez

• NYC
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2014, 03:13:13 AM »

Can you please give details of what you heard, and some sense of the reliability of the information sources? I am currently looking at the ETX line and would appreciate some real information with discussion of specific issues, even if it is second hand. What has been failing? Which model(s)? In what kind of situations did the failures occur? EV customer service response?, etc.
Dick, we've asked him multiple times for more information, it seems he doesn't have it and has told us all he knows. It is interesting how few reviews have been done on the ETX line. I have one ETX10P I have been testing and have not yet convinced myself to buy the second one. The DSP is nice with 3 PEQs, several crossover options and a delay available, but sound quality in my rehearsal studio is not as good as the EV QRX112/75, not even close, even at moderate SPLs. I haven't used it out yet so can't comment on real world performance or reliability on gigs, although I have had no reliability issues in the studio.

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2014, 03:32:52 AM »

Dick, we've asked him multiple times for more information, it seems he doesn't have it and has told us all he knows. It is interesting how few reviews have been done on the ETX line. I have one ETX10P I have been testing and have not yet convinced myself to buy the second one. The DSP is nice with 3 PEQs, several crossover options and a delay available, but sound quality in my rehearsal studio is not as good as the EV QRX112/75, not even close, even at moderate SPLs. I haven't used it out yet so can't comment on real world performance or reliability on gigs, although I have had no reliability issues in the studio.

See, you're giving first-hand experience while he's just reporting incomplete hearsay.  Your info is credible and you're capable of giving actual answers.

I'll cop to a sore spot regarding posts consisting of unsupported or unsupportable opinion. 

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2014, 06:23:00 AM »

FYI I've heard of a lot of failures out of the EV ETX line.. I don't think they have been proven in the field yet.

Jason,

In 1970 the unsubstantiated rumor was;

"FYI I've heard of a lot of failures with the M16. I don't think they have been proven in the field yet."

Most of us thought we would die in the first fire fight we were in simply because a few assholes told us the M16 would fail. The truth was the jamming problems had been resolved quickly, and long before we were issued our weapons. The M16 proved to be the equal of any weapon used in Vietnam, and in it's many forms is still a weapon of choice by those who use or have used this weapon.

There is no difference in your first statement and the statements made concerning the M16, or any other product for that matter. I stand by Dick in this matter every time. If you're going to spew about a product, be sure you have your facts straight and have based those facts on first hand experience or a very reliable source.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2014, 03:15:05 PM »

Jason,

In 1970 the unsubstantiated rumor was;

"FYI I've heard of a lot of failures with the M16. I don't think they have been proven in the field yet."

Most of us thought we would die in the first fire fight we were in simply because a few assholes told us the M16 would fail. The truth was the jamming problems had been resolved quickly, and long before we were issued our weapons. The M16 proved to be the equal of any weapon used in Vietnam, and in it's many forms is still a weapon of choice by those who use or have used this weapon.

There is no difference in your first statement and the statements made concerning the M16, or any other product for that matter. I stand by Dick in this matter every time. If you're going to spew about a product, be sure you have your facts straight and have based those facts on first hand experience or a very reliable source.

So Bob, what's the failure history of Catalyst WS-C2960S-24PD-L switches?  Just got one for $25.  Not $2500....
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

jasonfinnigan

« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2014, 04:31:25 PM »

Dick in this matter every time. If you're going to spew about a product, be sure you have your facts straight and have based those facts on first hand experience or a very reliable source.

So Just because because I know the companies and Mr. Dick Rees doesn't they aren't considered reliable. Hm.. Next time I'll confirm with him to see if he knows them. That's the problem with PSW forums a couple of people got big heads and think they are moderators and  want to control what everyone else does.. Good thing they aren't..

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2014, 04:54:59 PM »

So Just because because I know the companies and Mr. Dick Rees doesn't they aren't considered reliable. Hm.. Next time I'll confirm with him to see if he knows them. That's the problem with PSW forums a couple of people got big heads and think they are moderators and  want to control what everyone else does.. Good thing they aren't..
Jason, you're digging yourself into a bit of a hole here. You're jumping to extremes, and that's not cool. What Dick has repeatedly stated is that rather then post insinuations based on rumor, you can more effectively participate in the discussion when you talk about first hand experience, backed up with details.

What sets the PSW forums above others is the level of decorum and professionalism. Silly rumors and other things not based on facts are best left for places like gearslutz. And the Internetz has a long memory- so getting a reputation of having a bad attitude is going to stick to your name. That's the other thing I like about PSW- the fact that you can't hide behind an anonymous pseudonym.

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

jasonfinnigan

« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2014, 05:05:01 PM »

Jason, you're digging yourself into a bit of a hole here. You're jumping to extremes, and that's not cool. What Dick has repeatedly stated is that rather then post insinuations based on rumor, you can more effectively participate in the discussion when you talk about first hand experience, backed up with details.

What sets the PSW forums above others is the level of decorum and professionalism. Silly rumors and other things not based on facts are best left for places like gearslutz. And the Internetz has a long memory- so getting a reputation of having a bad attitude is going to stick to your name. That's the other thing I like about PSW- the fact that you can't hide behind an anonymous pseudonym.

-Ray

So the rental managers to two of the local companies telling they had issues is considered rumors? One of which is the top sound provider in the state, not to mention they provide a lot of the east cost in general. I work with people from these companies on a regular basis on projects. We all trade information on our experiences we've had. How if Mr. dick Rees had said he knew someone how had problems with them who was a reliable source it would have been taken and went on but, instead it was me so he likes to nit pick anything I post.

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2014, 05:12:09 PM »

So the rental managers to two of the local companies telling they had issues is considered rumors? One of which is the top sound provider in the state, not to mention they provide a lot of the east cost in general. I work with people from these companies on a regular basis on projects. We all trade information on our experiences we've had. How if Mr. dick Rees had said he knew someone how had problems with them who was a reliable source it would have been taken and went on but, instead it was me so he likes to nit pick anything I post.
Just a suggestion here… you're providing little tiny bits of information and dragging this out… maybe in the future, if you are going to provide anecdotes like that, you could mention… "the GM at XYG Company has told me these problems, and the RM at HHY Company has also told me this." So, we know it's not your experience, but we see who is involved. Since they've given you the OK to spread these reports, we'll know that it's a reliable story.

No one is saying that those reports are rumors-- but based on the information that you had provided to that point -- it sure as hell seemed like it.
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2014, 05:13:45 PM »

I would call BS on anyone posting hearsay, not just you.  Stop taking it personally and stop with the hearsay. If it seems as if I'm singling you out, perhaps it's because of the frequency of your posting hearsay.  I'll call it every time.

If you don't have direct personal experience or can't (won't) post the source of the info by name, just forget it.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 05:25:18 PM by dick rees »

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2014, 05:13:45 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 25 queries.