ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: X32 Edit sync to console?  (Read 28265 times)

Gary Weller

Re: X32 Edit sync to console?
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2014, 02:01:59 PM »

Here's the scene button; called "Cues" in edit for some reason.

It's called "Cues" in your screenshot because you have Cues selected in the global setup page under Show Control, instead of Scenes.

Tommy Peel

• Longview, Texas
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2014, 02:18:40 PM »

It's called "Cues" in your screenshot because you have Cues selected in the global setup page under Show Control, instead of Scenes.

That makes a little more sense. I'd never seen that option before; I don't work with scenes/cues/snippets much on the board.

Scott Bolt

« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2014, 03:00:32 PM »

Learning the ins and outs of a digital console can be a trying experience; however, it can also be a very rewarding one.

I have had my X32 Rack a little over a year now (got one of the first ones off the boat).  I have had the opportunity to run as several types of venues from a simple one man show, to an outside gig with multiple sets of speakers to contend with.

Scenes are a great way to handle all this complexity.  On all of my return visits to these venues, setup was a snap since all I had to do was recall the scene from my last visit.  Very cool.

Sure, digital is more complicated; however, you can do so much more with it if you take the time to learn it.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2014, 04:16:06 PM »

Learning the ins and outs of a digital console can be a trying experience; however, it can also be a very rewarding one.

I have had my X32 Rack a little over a year now (got one of the first ones off the boat).  I have had the opportunity to run as several types of venues from a simple one man show, to an outside gig with multiple sets of speakers to contend with.

Scenes are a great way to handle all this complexity.  On all of my return visits to these venues, setup was a snap since all I had to do was recall the scene from my last visit.  Very cool.

Sure, digital is more complicated; however, you can do so much more with it if you take the time to learn it.

I've probably said this before (stop me if you've heard this.... ;) ), but the act of basic mixing is pretty much the same as analog so long as you know where the buttons and knobs are.  It's when you need to configure or reconfigure something that you find out what you don't know...

Analog-schmanalog.  As a mixerperson, as a system provider, as a system engineer, I don't miss analog when there is good digital available.  The last time I mixed on a large format analog FOH was about 3 years ago and I was surprised at how much I had to think about what I was doing; it used to be instinct.  Or it's encroaching senility....
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2014, 05:41:18 PM »

I've probably said this before (stop me if you've heard this.... ;) ), but the act of basic mixing is pretty much the same as analog so long as you know where the buttons and knobs are.  It's when you need to configure or reconfigure something that you find out what you don't know...

Analog-schmanalog.  As a mixerperson, as a system provider, as a system engineer, I don't miss analog when there is good digital available.  The last time I mixed on a large format analog FOH was about 3 years ago and I was surprised at how much I had to think about what I was doing; it used to be instinct.  Or it's encroaching senility....

I said the same thing when cockpit systems started to go electronic.  I could fly an approach better with raw data.

The truth was I had learned to fly the approach with raw data.  Learning to fly with a navigator independent of the navigator source (GPS, LORAN, INS) was a new skill.  The old data was distance, bearing, airspeed, drift angles etc. that had to be integrated by the human computer.  Once the skill was close to be mastered it was the comfort zone. 

When I got back to doing sound a few years ago on a weekly if not more regular basis the analog consoles of my youth were more complex but the digital consoles were just coming out.  I was really blessed with computer and systems knowledge so while some were baffled by the cumbersome interface of the Tascam D24, the first live digital mixer I ever used, I realized the potential with the built in effects, eq, patching etc.  Soft buttons and the concept of input focus were not foreign so I picked up very fast.

Now when I work at venues with large analog boards I have to think about everything I am doing, slow and clumsy.  Glad I am not the only one.

This doesn't apply to 16 input or less analog boards, that's a walk in the park.

Sent from my To Be Filled By O.E.M. using Tapatalk
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Scott Bolt

« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2014, 06:13:29 PM »

This!!!

It may well be that I am more a product of the computer age than many; however, I much prefer the workflow of digital when it comes to figuring out the signal path of an unknown system.  Crouching down under the back of a mixer with a flashlight trying to follow what cable is plugged into where for each channel and each external processor is simply not something I cherish.  Give me a few menus, layers and an LCD any day ;)

Adjusting compressors and gates without a graphic display?  Barbaric ;)

Alex Rigodanzo

• U.P. of MI "M Go Blue!"
    • Next Myle band
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2014, 05:47:59 PM »

That would have saved me a lot of aggravation.  I found Scenes (showing as Cues) after the post that physically described where it is.  But couldn't fathom why it was called Cues when everyone was saying that Edit is the same as the physical console.

So I took a few days off and went to camp.  Did analog things like cut firewood, hunt birds, drink, smoke cigars and watch the World Series.  I DID take the X32, manual and Quick Start with me.  Spent a few hours on it and got it mostly set up the way I need.  I'll say this about the manual and then leave it alone - it tells a lot of "what" you can do, and very little "how" to actually do it.  Like most software driven digital devices, it's still mostly trial and error to get what you need.

And Scott H, I'm actually very mellow and fun when I drink.  I forget all about the stressors that get to me in everyday life. ;)  That probably explains why I drink so often! :o
I'm not single, I'm in a long-term relationship with Freedom

Scott Holtzman

« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2014, 01:50:49 AM »

Glad  you got it all worked, sounds like a fun trip.  I learn new workflows every time I use it.  it's a fun box to mix on and sure don't miss all the patching of outboard devices. 

Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Will "GLiDE" Mims

« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2019, 11:58:13 PM »

Glad  you got it all worked, sounds like a fun trip.  I learn new workflows every time I use it.  it's a fun box to mix on and sure don't miss all the patching of outboard devices.

Even as old as it is, this is still a great thread to read!
Have been enjoying both an X32 Rack and X32 full console for several years now.  Pumping them
into a DL32 stage box now.  The PC version of X32 is a little different looking, but all of the scenes
and other features are still fully available.  It took me a little while in the beginning to learn some do's
and don't's of scenes, snippets, and cues.  Once you get it down, it's easy to use.

Scott Holtzman

« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2019, 02:25:26 AM »

Even as old as it is, this is still a great thread to read!
Have been enjoying both an X32 Rack and X32 full console for several years now.  Pumping them
into a DL32 stage box now.  The PC version of X32 is a little different looking, but all of the scenes
and other features are still fully available.  It took me a little while in the beginning to learn some do's
and don't's of scenes, snippets, and cues.  Once you get it down, it's easy to use.

Wow and holy smokes I was the last guy to post, 5 years ago!

My original x32 is still in service along with 7 more and 4 M32's!

Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2019, 02:25:26 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 25 queries.