ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: X32 Compact inputs on faders  (Read 7797 times)

Chuck Simon

• Pittsburgh, Pa.
Re: X32 Compact inputs on faders
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2014, 12:41:42 AM »

These are the ones I remember:

I guess the makers of Goldeneye 64 copied the method in the one you linked. I'd never heard it called the Konami Code before though. What you didn't play video games in the 80s and 90s?

Sent from my Moto X(XT1053) using Tapatalk

OK, but I'll bet if you find that interesting, you don't have a girl friend ;)

Steve M Smith

• Isle of Wight - England
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2014, 02:51:36 AM »

Am I the only one here who has no idea what he is talking about?  ???

Probably not... but I'm wondering what the OP is talking about.

Steve.

Tommy Peel

• Longview, Texas
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2014, 07:18:43 AM »

OK, but I'll bet if you find that interesting, you don't have a girl friend ;)
Uhhh....

I haven't found those particularly interesting in 10 or 15 years. I'm on newer and better video games now.

Sent from my Moto X(XT1053) using Tapatalk

Scott Harris

• Subwoofer forum
  • Worcester, MA
    • Running Sound
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2014, 03:28:58 PM »

Meanwhile..... back to the OP's & Chuck's question.  The X32 compact (and producer) have 2 physical banks of 8 faders.  The original design (v1.x firmware) was the left faders were the individual channel faders and switched via buttons providing 8 layers.  The right bank of faders was setup the same as the full x32 with 4 layers: DCA, bus 1-8, bus 9-16 and the matrix selection.  After using this for a couple of minutes you want to use the right bank for channel faders and Behringer added that functionality in v2.x firmware.  Now if you press the 1-8 and the 9-16 buttons at the same time you end up with channels 1-8 on the left and 9-16 on the right.  Same thing with 17-24 and 25-32 button functionality.

Freshly coming from the analog world I went with the original x32 (aka "full") which has 16 faders on the left and 8 on the right, each with 4 layers.  Channel faders on the left with DCAs and busses on the right make life simpler and my brain doesn't hurt.

Dan Mortensen

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2014, 09:06:59 PM »

Meanwhile..... back to the OP's & Chuck's question.  The X32 compact (and producer) have 2 physical banks of 8 faders.  The original design (v1.x firmware) was the left faders were the individual channel faders and switched via buttons providing 8 layers.  The right bank of faders was setup the same as the full x32 with 4 layers: DCA, bus 1-8, bus 9-16 and the matrix selection.  After using this for a couple of minutes you want to use the right bank for channel faders and Behringer added that functionality in v2.x firmware.  Now if you press the 1-8 and the 9-16 buttons at the same time you end up with channels 1-8 on the left and 9-16 on the right.  Same thing with 17-24 and 25-32 button functionality.

You can also have any combination of the above (1-8 on left, 17-24 on right, 9-16 on left 25-32 on right, etc.) by pushing the appropriate buttons. The lower numbers are always on the left, IIRC.

Steve M Smith

• Isle of Wight - England
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2014, 03:10:35 AM »

Freshly coming from the analog world I went with the original x32 (aka "full") which has 16 faders on the left and 8 on the right, each with 4 layers.  Channel faders on the left with DCAs and busses on the right make life simpler and my brain doesn't hurt.
I also went from a lifetime of analogue to an X32 as my first go on a digital mixer.  It wasn't as daunting as I expected and I found it all very intuitive.  My next was a Soundcraft Si which I found to be even better as far as the user interface is concerned.

Steve.

David Hoover

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2014, 08:47:03 AM »

I consitered buying the big one only for that reason.  That's awesome that it is fixed!!!!

Regards,
David

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2014, 08:47:03 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 24 queries.