ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: recalling different output port settings in CL5  (Read 10043 times)

Ivan Feder

• Paris, France
recalling different output port settings in CL5
« on: October 01, 2014, 08:30:02 AM »

Hi,
I have a show coming up where I need to change the values of delays on several output ports by recalling different scenes.
I tried storing different scenes with different delays on the output ports but the delay values never change,  like they had
a recall safe engaged. Messed around in the "scene memory focus" but couldn't find anything there to make this work.
Thanks for your help!

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Re: recalling different output port settings in CL5
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 08:38:22 AM »

Hi,
I have a show coming up where I need to change the values of delays on several output ports by recalling different scenes.
I tried storing different scenes with different delays on the output ports but the delay values never change,  like they had
a recall safe engaged. Messed around in the "scene memory focus" but couldn't find anything there to make this work.
Thanks for your help!

AFAIK the output ports, which is where the delay is are outside the scene recall. The only way I know of to change output delay settings with a scene is to insert a delay effect from the EFX rack and change the parameters of that.

Mac

Ivan Feder

• Paris, France
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 08:52:27 AM »

AFAIK the output ports, which is where the delay is are outside the scene recall. The only way I know of to change output delay settings with a scene is to insert a delay effect from the EFX rack and change the parameters of that.

Mac
thanks Mac, I was afraid I would have to do that!
It's a real PITA to tie up effects just for buss delays....
It would be really nice to have this feature  added in a future  update.

Thanks again for your prompt reply!
Ivan
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 10:20:02 AM by Ivan Feder »

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2014, 11:26:45 AM »

Is there a way to patch a Dante output from the console into a channel strip (which has a delay setting) and then just use that channel's direct out to send to an output port? I know the console's patching can't do it directly, but can it be done in Dante Controller?
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

Ivan Feder

• Paris, France
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2014, 12:21:02 PM »

Is there a way to patch a Dante output from the console into a channel strip (which has a delay setting) and then just use that channel's direct out to send to an output port? I know the console's patching can't do it directly, but can it be done in Dante Controller?
nice idea, Andrew, but I just tried that out and it doesn't work.
Dante Controller will not let you patch an output back into an input on the same device.
I'm going to have to patch my busses into a QL5 to achieve what you suggested, bummer......

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2014, 12:31:04 PM »

Is there no "virtual device" available for Dante? i.e. something that just takes inputs and spits them to outputs?

I've always wished that Yamaha would stop limiting what can be connected to inputs, inserts and outputs on their consoles. I'm sure they're doing it to prevent internal loops, but you can always create those anyway if you are not careful.
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2014, 05:00:20 PM »

thanks Mac, I was afraid I would have to do that!
It's a real PITA to tie up effects just for buss delays....
It would be really nice to have this feature  added in a future  update.

Thanks again for your prompt reply!
Ivan

Are you really using all your Rack effects? If you haven't used them all I don't see a problem with using one of them as a delay on the sends you want to control in scenes. If you have an AES or ADAT card in the console you can patch output back to input through the slot. I think the next firmware update for CL may remove the prohibition on using Dante for inserts.

Mac

Craig Clifton

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2015, 11:07:59 PM »

Hi
      Is the CL5 different to the QL5 in this respect? I just tried saving scenes to a USB stick on a QL5 with delays on both Dante and Omni outs (via output port settings) and re-loaded the scenes to the desk, all the output port delays were intact.
Cheers

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2015, 11:21:25 PM »

Hi
      Is the CL5 different to the QL5 in this respect? I just tried saving scenes to a USB stick on a QL5 with delays on both Dante and Omni outs (via output port settings) and re-loaded the scenes to the desk, all the output port delays were intact.
Cheers

Did you change the delay times before re-loading the scene file from USB?

Do you have a file from a show with different output delay times?  Load it and see what changes.  I don't have enough time on either mixer, so this is remote learning for me.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Craig Clifton

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2015, 11:48:19 PM »

Hi, You are right, my mistake, I didn't look hard enough. The scene save did not save the output port delays. Sorry
Cheers

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2015, 11:48:19 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 23 queries.