ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Splitting Bass Guitar and Kick into Separate Sub's  (Read 2433 times)

Merle Sensenig

• Merle Sensenig
Splitting Bass Guitar and Kick into Separate Sub's
« on: September 19, 2014, 09:47:45 AM »

First post here, hope it's ok.

I recently moved from a single passive sub to a pair of powered sub's for the band I'm in. I have been running them panned with just kick, bass, and floor tom in mono. I'm thinking of trying aux subs, and since I have two aux's available (and 2 subs), was wanting to try bass guitar in one, kick and tom in the other. The drummer is alway's wanting more of the low end kick, and while I can balance it all from the mixer, was thinking having a dedicated sub for him would make it easier to crank that up w/o bass (and possibly floor tom) in the same driver.

So my question is, would this work out well? I try to keep the subs together in center where possible, but anyone know of any cancelation issues with this setup? Pro's/Con's?
Merle Sensenig

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
Re: Splitting Bass Guitar and Kick into Separate Sub's
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 11:43:50 AM »

It is not OK. 

You did not use your full real name-as required by forum rules-so nobody will respond until you do so.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 12:26:02 PM »

I recently moved from a single passive sub to a pair of powered sub's for the band I'm in. I have been running them panned with just kick, bass, and floor tom in mono. I'm thinking of trying aux subs, and since I have two aux's available (and 2 subs), was wanting to try bass guitar in one, kick and tom in the other. The drummer is alway's wanting more of the low end kick, and while I can balance it all from the mixer, was thinking having a dedicated sub for him would make it easier to crank that up w/o bass (and possibly floor tom) in the same driver.

So my question is, would this work out well? I try to keep the subs together in center where possible, but anyone know of any cancelation issues with this setup? Pro's/Con's?

Out of curiosity how does on complete the registration process and post a new message without noticing the rules.  It's right on the top of the page as I type this:

" Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums"

Indifference?  Think it doesn't apply to you?  Please explain so we can get a better understanding of why this happens on a daily basis.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 12:26:02 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.