ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: OPINIONS: Mongoose ISP ground-stacked "line array"  (Read 5888 times)

Randall Cook

• CRYSTAL HEAR
OPINIONS: Mongoose ISP ground-stacked "line array"
« on: September 16, 2014, 12:36:54 PM »

What do you think this system is really worth?  What are your opinions on this system overall?

http://www.ispproaudio.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Mongoose-GSL-12-Manual.pdf

FYI: For comparison, I'm currently running EAW KF650z cabinets with QSC PL3 series amps using a UX8800 DSP.

Anyone?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 01:23:42 PM by Randall Cook »

MIKE Lynn

• Lynn Sound Systems
Re: OPINIONS: Mongoose ISP ground-stacked "line array"
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 02:19:30 PM »

Never heard of the company before , I would have to hear them to realy say one way or the other. I have used the KF650's and know what they sound like. That being said, Keep what you have unless you can go hear these things and they sound alot better.
Lynn Sound Systems INC.
Crown-I-tech , JBL-VRX/VTX , Soundcraft, Shure

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 04:04:21 PM »

I have not heard the system but remain skeptical. Stacking cabinets does not make a line array. A single compression driver does not make a line array either.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Jonathan Kok

• Toronto
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2014, 04:09:12 PM »

I have not heard the system but remain skeptical. Stacking cabinets does not make a line array. A single compression driver does not make a line array either.
Oh, but there's TWO compression drivers in each box! With two boxes (the top one inverted, of course), you've now got FOUR compression drivers! In a line! Surely that meets the minimum requirements for a 'line array'?

eric lenasbunt

• Bunt Backline Event Services, LLC
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2014, 09:21:38 PM »

I have zero experience with these boxes but other ISP products I have heard and mixed on sounded good.

That being said I am not into the ground stacked line array. 650 boxes sound good for much of the work where you can't fly, so why mess with it? Plus if you own those 650's they just keep making $$$ everytime they leave the shop

Rick Powell

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2014, 11:09:43 PM »

What do you think this system is really worth?  What are your opinions on this system overall?

http://www.ispproaudio.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Mongoose-GSL-12-Manual.pdf

FYI: For comparison, I'm currently running EAW KF650z cabinets with QSC PL3 series amps using a UX8800 DSP.

Anyone?

A KF650 system with a UX8800 processor is a pretty sweet system for many applications - what's not working for you now?  I have never used ISP, but the company has been around a while and I know a few guys in the Chicago area use their stuff.  They were early adopters of the "powered speaker" concept for modular system components and are well regarded for the small cult of people who use them.  EAW - rider friendly, traveling BE's and system techs know what they are getting, etc. 

If I was considering a line array, I might be predisposed to the brands where I knew there would be rider friendliness and cross-rentability, which the rare bird ISP definitely is not.  Might consider it if I had a junk system, or no system,  today and "needed" to upgrade, and I was a self contained operator with little need for rider friendliness and cross rentability.  And I'd need to hear it and work with it first.

Hayden J. Nebus

• Richmond, VA
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2014, 07:41:43 AM »

I'd hold out for the Honeybadger9000™ basement-stacked line array. You can put it where it's convenient, and Honeybadger just doesn't give a shit.  Patents pending. 

Josh Millward

• Meridian, MS
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2014, 01:00:37 PM »

I'd hold out for the Honeybadger9000™ basement-stacked line array. You can put it where it's convenient, and Honeybadger just doesn't give a shit.  Patents pending.

LoL! Nice!!!

Personally, I'm going to wait for the Honeybadger180000... It is going to be twice the loudspeaker that the Honeybadger9000 could ever hope to be!
Josh Millward
Danley Sound Labs

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2014, 05:13:33 PM »

Oh, but there's TWO compression drivers in each box! With two boxes (the top one inverted, of course), you've now got FOUR compression drivers! In a line! Surely that meets the minimum requirements for a 'line array'?

Look again. If you tip one box upside down then the drivers are on opposite sides from each other.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2014, 05:51:13 PM »

Look again. If you tip one box upside down then the drivers are on opposite sides from each other.

If you click the link you will see they sell mirror image tops.
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Meyer Sound, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Intellistage, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, On-Stage, more...

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2014, 05:51:13 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 26 queries.