ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Any wi-fi problems with console in trailer??  (Read 23353 times)

Jerome Malsack

Re: Any wi-fi problems with console in trailer??
« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2015, 10:00:15 AM »

Debbie,

on the back of the amps next to the power connection is a label showing the power requirements.  120v 1700 watts,  Itech 6002.

Take these numbers 1700 watts and add them up. 

12 gauge cords are good for 15 to 20 amps  better at 15 amps. 
15 amps is 1800 watts, 20 amps is 2400 watts.  So it would be recommended that a 100 ft power cord with 12 gauage run just the Crown Itech 6002.   

The band will have needs also.  4 amps  2 guitars, keys, bass ? another 12 gauage. 

We usually need 4,  20 amp breakers for a show. 
two for the sound system,  one for the band, and one for the lighting.

100 ft 12 gauage power cord will have a 9 volt voltage drop from 120 volt to 111 volts.  If you get 20 amp you will see from 2400 watts a 49 watt reduction at the 100 foot length.   

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #61 on: January 30, 2015, 10:38:03 AM »

Debbie,

on the back of the amps next to the power connection is a label showing the power requirements.  120v 1700 watts,  Itech 6002.

Take these numbers 1700 watts and add them up. 

12 gauge cords are good for 15 to 20 amps  better at 15 amps. 
15 amps is 1800 watts, 20 amps is 2400 watts.  So it would be recommended that a 100 ft power cord with 12 gauage run just the Crown Itech 6002.   

The band will have needs also.  4 amps  2 guitars, keys, bass ? another 12 gauage. 

We usually need 4,  20 amp breakers for a show. 
two for the sound system,  one for the band, and one for the lighting.

100 ft 12 gauage power cord will have a 9 volt voltage drop from 120 volt to 111 volts.  If you get 20 amp you will see from 2400 watts a 49 watt reduction at the 100 foot length.

Thanks Jerome for the info….Is it not true that in reality the amps do not draw what the requirements indicate  so that the total draw of current would be much less ? If so, there would be a more reasonable 'real world' number???
I was thinking maybe 2 separate circuits 100ft 10gauge cords to the stage. I might invest in the cables myself so I have them available.
I rarely do these kind of shows but its good to have the cables anyway I think.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Jerome Malsack

« Reply #62 on: January 30, 2015, 11:26:14 AM »

The Itech 6002  has a max draw of 1700 watts.

The amp delivers to the speakers 6000 watts max at 4 ohm ??

So you need to use that 1700 watts next to the power plug as the max requirement from each device added up.  1700 for itech  xls may be another 1000 for a total of 2700.   2400 is the max from a 20 amp breaker so you have to have one for the Itech and one for the xls.  add in the mixer on the xls side and the effects and compressors and other toys wireless router and such to use up the itech power.  distributing the load onto the two power cords. 

Using the 10 gauge will reduce the voltage and amps lost in the power cord over the 100 feet buy half  (estimated)   

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #63 on: January 30, 2015, 12:00:31 PM »

So you need to use that 1700 watts next to the power plug as the max requirement from each device added up.  1700 for itech  xls may be another 1000 for a total of 2700.   2400 is the max from a 20 amp breaker so you have to have one for the Itech and one for the xls.  add in the mixer on the xls side and the effects and compressors and other toys wireless router and such to use up the itech power.  distributing the load onto the two power cords. 

Using the 10 gauge will reduce the voltage and amps lost in the power cord over the 100 feet buy half  (estimated)

I am using the XTI's one box per side at 8 ohms - amp gains at around 3/4 with mixer output at unity.
2 x PRX718xlf powered aux subs - cant get to them right now and having difficulty finding input rating
The XLS 2000 is only 200 w input and is used for horns - heavy limiter used to protect horns.
I will be using 4 powered monitors - probably PRX612 -  600 w input each. They are only ever used at not much more than half gains

Plus of course back line, mixer, router, small stuff and the LED ights.

I have run this set up many times before - at slightly lower SPL - without the aux subs with no problems using one circuit. Happens a lot in the bars round here. I stopped complaining along time ago.
I am thinking that because of the long (100ft) run, the 10 gauge cable will take care of the voltage drop that will occur.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #64 on: January 30, 2015, 01:05:47 PM »

I suggest using real-world specs from the manufacturer.   http://www.crownaudio.com/media/pdf/amps/137434.pdf

Crown has current draw and thermal dissipation charts for all their amps available online.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #65 on: January 30, 2015, 01:13:33 PM »

I suggest using real-world specs from the manufacturer.   http://www.crownaudio.com/media/pdf/amps/137434.pdf

Crown has current draw and thermal dissipation charts for all their amps available online.

Oh Tim - this is very helpful…thank you.

Example : My XTI6002 amp at extreme clip program material is only 350 watts.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #66 on: January 30, 2015, 01:20:00 PM »

Oh Tim - this is very helpful…thank you.

Example : My XTI6002 amp at extreme clip program material is only 350 watts.

That's the amount of power dissipated as HEAT.  Line current draw is 24.1 amperes at 4 ohm loading.  Take another look at the chart, get out the reading glasses.... ;)
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #67 on: January 30, 2015, 01:49:09 PM »

That's the amount of power dissipated as HEAT.  Line current draw is 24.1 amperes at 4 ohm loading.  Take another look at the chart, get out the reading glasses.... ;)

Oops..got carried away… so because I never run at clip, I could rely the 8.1 amps shown making my power input rating just over 900 watts.

Still excited to see these numbers - just have to stop jumping up and down whilst reading them  ;D

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #68 on: January 30, 2015, 02:47:36 PM »

Debbie, what cord sets do you use at home for your generator?

If you are going to buy cable, perhaps you can make it be useful at home too?

I have a bunch of 10/4 with L14-30 connectors. These match my generators. I used to have an inlet to my transfer switch that matched too. I have a Ampshop distro for my amp rack for my QRX rig with L14-30 in and a portable panel with duplexes with a L14-30 tail on it too. So, I have lots of comparable parts I can use in various settings.

I suspect your generator has an L14-30 connector. I also expect it would run your whole show but unless it is quiet, you need a long feeder.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #69 on: January 30, 2015, 03:25:56 PM »

Debbie, what cord sets do you use at home for your generator?

If you are going to buy cable, perhaps you can make it be useful at home too?

I have a bunch of 10/4 with L14-30 connectors. These match my generators. I used to have an inlet to my transfer switch that matched too. I have a Ampshop distro for my amp rack for my QRX rig with L14-30 in and a portable panel with duplexes with a L14-30 tail on it too. So, I have lots of comparable parts I can use in various settings.

I suspect your generator has an L14-30 connector. I also expect it would run your whole show but unless it is quiet, you need a long feeder.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It is a bit noisy and not an inverter style so I am a bit concerned now I have been made aware of the importance of this type of generator. It does have some very nice cable that came with it though !! Unsure what they are till I can get to it at the weekend.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #69 on: January 30, 2015, 03:25:56 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 23 queries.