ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Any wi-fi problems with console in trailer??  (Read 23350 times)

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
Re: Any wi-fi problems with console in trailer??
« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2015, 06:58:49 PM »

If I recall correctly, Dick has one of the Honda EU3000is series; for $2,000-- for small events such as this--- not a bad investment to consider. You make it available to clients for $100/day, of course (plus fuel!), and it pays for itself in 20 gigs. 23A max capacity, if I remember right, so you will probably be OK, esp with LED lighting. I use an L5-30 breaker box to make 2-20A circuits, so you can put one amp on each one. 25' of 10/3 SOOW and you should be golden.
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2015, 07:04:42 PM »

If I recall correctly, Dick has one of the Honda EU3000is series; for $2,000-- for small events such as this--- not a bad investment to consider. You make it available to clients for $100/day, of course (plus fuel!), and it pays for itself in 20 gigs. 23A max capacity, if I remember right, so you will probably be OK, esp with LED lighting. I use an L5-30 breaker box to make 2-20A circuits, so you can put one amp on each one. 25' of 10/3 SOOW and you should be golden.

You are correct.

If a client beefs about the production cost with the generator (which can be sited close behind the stage, eliminating complex, long cable runs), I offer them the alternative of renting the required run of yellow jackets.

The generator costs a fraction of the cable ramps.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2015, 08:14:05 PM »

You are correct.

If a client beefs about the production cost with the generator (which can be sited close behind the stage, eliminating complex, long cable runs), I offer them the alternative of renting the required run of yellow jackets.

The generator costs a fraction of the cable ramps.

You are not wrong Dick - those ramps are crazy expensive. I think I'm in the wrong business !!
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2015, 08:18:55 PM »

Its a good sound logic but I do so very few of these types of gigs - it would take me forever to get the money back.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2015, 08:28:48 PM »

OK so don't laugh but I own a 6250 watt generator as back - up for any outages we might have at my house - never thought of using it for anything else. If I used it for the show for half the stage and used  similar one for the other half, would I be close?

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2015, 08:53:27 PM »

OK so don't laugh but I own a 6250 watt generator as back - up for any outages we might have at my house - never thought of using it for anything else. If I used it for the show for half the stage and used  similar one for the other half, would I be close?

Can of worms...

Check out the several threads in AC Power section regarding multiple generators, power quality and voltage regulations.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2015, 09:07:32 PM »

Can of worms...

Check out the several threads in AC Power section regarding multiple generators, power quality and voltage regulations.

OK..so can I borrow yours Dick, just drop it round whenever you get a chance … ;D

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2015, 09:17:33 PM »

OK..so can I borrow yours Dick, just drop it round whenever you get a chance … ;D

you want instead my 45kW?!? I throw in the first five cable ramps for free, additionals are just $10 each! :) 200' of 5-wire cam feeder, 3ø distro?

But yeah, something to make sure about your generator, if you use it-- I think power wise you'd be fine but there's the usual discussion about square-sine-wave generators. In Seattle, a generator over 5,000 watts requires grounding and a permit, so be sure your AHJ doesn't have any similar regulations. Nothing sucks more then getting shut down...

Re cable ramp pricing-- yeah, they're pretty costly to rent (or buy!) as I mentioned earlier. I expect mine will be paid for this summer, but I also will probably add at least another 40' (14 sections) so I can have an easy 60pcs for cross rentals to other companies.

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2015, 09:29:38 PM »

Mine is half the size of yours, but it has a proper (sine wave) inverter and stable, regulated voltage.  I think they're described as "computer safe" type units.

If you know anyone with a proper 'scope it would be interesting to check the output from the generator you have to see how clean the power is, what the THD is and how the voltage behaves under load.

You're welcome to borrow mine any time but I feel I should warn you:  it has one large drawback...me.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #59 on: January 29, 2015, 10:08:03 PM »

Mine is half the size of yours, but it has a proper (sine wave) inverter and stable, regulated voltage.  I think they're described as "computer safe" type units.

If you know anyone with a proper 'scope it would be interesting to check the output from the generator you have to see how clean the power is, what the THD is and how the voltage behaves under load.

You're welcome to borrow mine any time but I feel I should warn you:  it has one large drawback...me.

he he….you know you are welcome to come visit anytime you want - show me how its really done !!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #59 on: January 29, 2015, 10:08:03 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 25 queries.