ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Turbosound Milan Mi10 vs Alto TS110a ??  (Read 6053 times)

Richard Penrose

Turbosound Milan Mi10 vs Alto TS110a ??
« on: September 11, 2014, 07:27:59 PM »

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has heard both the Alto TS110a and Turbosound Milan Mi10's? Interested to get an idea of how they compare but can't get to hear the Turbo's for comparison.
I'd really appreciate hearing about anyone's experience with both of these :)

Philip Norman

• Lab Lounge
Re: Turbosound Milan Mi10 vs Alto TS110a ??
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2014, 06:17:49 AM »

Can't comment on the Mi10's but I can comment on the newer M10's as I have some. I have been very happy with them, is there anything specific you are interested in?

Having heard the TS110a before I can (very) comfortably say that the Turbos are in a much higher class of loudspeaker. No comparison in my opinion.

Richard Penrose

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2014, 07:15:12 PM »

Can't comment on the Mi10's but I can comment on the newer M10's as I have some. I have been very happy with them, is there anything specific you are interested in?

Having heard the TS110a before I can (very) comfortably say that the Turbos are in a much higher class of loudspeaker. No comparison in my opinion.

Thanks Philip. I currently have both a pair of Alto TS110a's and TS112a's. I use these for a mixture of either FOH for small acoustic gigs or as wedge monitors with my main PA.

So far the Alto's have been working out really well for these applications and have really surprised me with how good they sound for the cost! I can't think of anything better within their price range.
I heard the Turbosound Milan M15's a while back and really liked their sound a lot though I found they didn't cope with high SPL's as well as Yamaha DXR15's. I'm not looking to use these at high levels but as a nice vocal/keyboard/acoustic guitar setup with an Allen & Heath ZED 10fx.

How would you describe the differences in tone and output of the Turbosound M10's vs the Alto TS110a's?

David Hoover

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 10:28:14 AM »

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has heard both the Alto TS110a and Turbosound Milan Mi10's? Interested to get an idea of how they compare but can't get to hear the Turbo's for comparison.
I'd really appreciate hearing about anyone's experience with both of these :)

The turbos aren't too bad, but always seem overpriced for the sound they produce.  They require quite a bit of EQ in the low and mid area usually.  Tweeters are nice.  I haven't heard a turbo rig that didn't have an abundance of midbass that needs a little EQ.  I haven't heard the TS110a's.

Take Care

Spenser Hamilton

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2014, 11:29:32 AM »

The turbos aren't too bad, but always seem overpriced for the sound they produce.  They require quite a bit of EQ in the low and mid area usually.  Tweeters are nice.  I haven't heard a turbo rig that didn't have an abundance of midbass that needs a little EQ.  I haven't heard the TS110a's.

Take Care

Have you listened to the Milans, or is this just a general comment on Turbosound?

I don't own any M10s, but I recently purchased some M12s (new version) that have served me well so far. I don't know of anything in their price class that compares, a big step up from the PRX512s that they replaced.
Technical Director - Chatham Capitol Theatre/Kiwanis Theatre

Nick Davis

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2014, 03:46:48 PM »

Just changing the topic slightly - but has anyone got experience with the M15b subs.

(I have a pair of Milan M10's and also quite happy with them - have given them a test outdoors and pleasantly pleased BUT have only been used in anger up to now as monitors & also work well but can be a bit bassey  for a vocal monitor even with the HPF on as recommended - but easily rectified.

I actually thought they were/are good value for the cost.)

Caleb Dueck

• Sierra Vista, AZ
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2014, 10:08:18 PM »

We like the M12's,  but the 18" sub at least is woofy.  Haven't heard the 15" sub. 
Experience is something you get right after you need it.

Nick Davis

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2014, 01:24:25 AM »

We like the M12's,  but the 18" sub at least is woofy.  Haven't heard the 15" sub.
"woofy"??

ChristianBoche

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2014, 03:08:21 AM »

Can't comment on the M18B, but I use two M10 and two M15B from time to time. Really nice gear for the money imho. Concerning the M15B, I used it some weeks ago in a smaller club, providing pa for "Dog Eat Dog". Used it as a drumfill in combination with an RCF TT25 SMA. It did the job. Backliner and drummer both said, that it sounded good. Loud enough and quick&punchy. Regarding "SPL"...there were five 15/2" and one 2x12/2" additional wedges on a really small stage. No problems for the M15B to match up.
Sure it is bandpass construction, but soundwise it is not a "one note bass". In return you get some extra SPL from the M15B, and it is easy to set it up on your own. Compact design and it comes with free casters.

Caleb Dueck

• Sierra Vista, AZ
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2014, 08:25:20 PM »

"woofy"??
Sloppy, a time domain issue.  The frequency response has that budget bandpass peak. 

I don't know of any good, low budget subs.  If a low cost amp was strapped to the back, maybe the ELS118?  Cost wise, 1 compared to 2-4 cheap ones is fairly close. 
Experience is something you get right after you need it.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2014, 08:25:20 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 22 queries.