ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Single space rackmount mixer?  (Read 12905 times)

Jordan Wolf

Re: Single space rackmount mixer?
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2014, 02:27:26 PM »

Used Shure SCM810 comes to mind after seeing the marked down prices posted online... can I just say wow...
Thomas,

The Shure SCM820 (the new, DSP version of their ever-popular automixer) is much more flexible and capable than its predecessor.

Jason - you may want to consider it if the features fit.
Jordan Wolf
<><

"We want our sound to go into the soul of the audience, and see if it can awaken some little thing in their minds... Cause there are so many sleeping people." - Jimi Hendrix

Kevin C Burke

• A/V Integrator, and Live Events Professional
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2014, 01:27:01 PM »

I'm personally a fan of the Peavey/Architectural Acoustics SMR 821a. Has an AUX output, stereo outputs, plus an EQ, for less than the price of a new SCM800.

Craig Hauber

• Mondak Sound Design - Plentywood MT/Grenora ND
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2014, 09:31:24 PM »

I'm looking for a single space rack mixer for a compact ceremony sound systems at weddings.  Most of the events consist of 2-3 lav wireless mics and an ipod for music. 

The units I have stumbled upon so far are:

Rane MLM42S.  Seems like a solid option.

Peavey Sanctuary Series S-4.  Not really to familiar with Peavey mixers but the feature set looks great.  Not sure how good the automix feature is.

Anyone have any experience with those two or have any other options?

I've been using an old Shure P4800 install DSP for exactly this purpose.  I had to make a custom jack-panel for the back of it but it too fits within the 1U space -just makes the unit 2" deeper.  I use an ebay toshiba tablet PC with it ($85!) that never sees the internet so XP just sits there happily never complaining about upgrades.
And yes, I do have 2 of everything for when something dies (and no real hopes of ever getting it repaired as it and the PC are quite old)
Craig Hauber
Mondak Sound Design
-Live PA
-Installs
-Theatre

Darin Ulmer

« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2014, 03:31:24 PM »

If you want just a basic one space mixer I would suggest this from Audiopile.  No frills, very basic, but built solidly and works well.  And for $137.50 there is nothing to complain about.

http://www.audiopile.net/products/Electronics/ML620E/ML-620E_cutsheet.shtml

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2014, 04:42:08 PM »

One feature the APB mixer has that most others lack is individual channel cueing (solo).
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Meyer Sound, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Intellistage, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, On-Stage, more...

Luke Robinson

• audio gods
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2014, 07:01:06 AM »

I have been running. Sound for ceremony for quite so me time now and my rig is quite simply a mackie 1202, and either lavs, or a podium mic on a straight stand right between the bride and groom and the officiant. The lavs are shure wl185 they have excellent gain before feedback. If you are using something else and are having any issue with feedback I would strongly suggest you look at these elements. With minimal eq, and good speaker placement they work quite well. I don't need any other outboard gear, the 3 band on the 1202 is enough. I don't see that spending much more makes seance for the application.
The new behringer x-air stuff that was just announced seems like the perfect thing for this, but I am not holding my breath for a release date. I will probably be picking up a few to replace the 1202s that normally go out for ceremonies and small talking heads gigs.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2014, 07:01:06 AM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 24 queries.