ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: no feedback?!?!  (Read 4655 times)

Peter Morris

Re: no feedback?!?!
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2014, 03:31:59 AM »

Imagine my surprise that after all these years of mixing monitors that an Italian speaker manufacturer has come out with this claim on their website...

I wrote an email to take them to task on, what I see as,  false claims. Nothing new I guess...
Oh, and the grammar... :o

:o ::)

They’re an Italian company, so I suspect a little bit got lost in the translation to English, combined with an over enthusiastic marketing department.

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it or the gramma; it’s still a good product.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 03:35:04 AM by Peter Morris »

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2014, 06:56:38 AM »

RCF.

If you highlight a section of the sentence quoted and do a Google search for it, you will find the claim on their website and the websites of others selling the product.

Steve.
Yes it's RCF but I didn't want to be specific and look like I was just slagging the company.
I heard this box at a demo day and we have one on the way for further testing.
It does sound quite nice and I won't let marketing BS throw me off a good product.
While it's common to see the truth stretched somewhat in advertising, I had to call BS on this one and contacted the company and the Canadian distributor.
As for the grammar, I can let that slide considering the Italians make great coffee and cool cars and bikes  ;D
I don't care enough to be apathetic

Steve M Smith

• Isle of Wight - England
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2014, 07:04:42 AM »

Yes it's RCF but I didn't want to be specific and look like I was just slagging the company.
That's fair enough.  I wanted to know who ut was though!  Even if RCF changed the wording on their website, it has been copied by a fair number of distributors now so it wouldn't make much difference.

As for the grammar, I can let that slide considering the Italians make great coffee and cool cars and bikes
Coffee - Hate the stuff
Italian cars - Rust buckets.
Italian bikes - You might have something there!

Steve.

Nathan Salt

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2014, 09:11:15 AM »

Its good that there are more coax wedges on the market now. It makes a noticeable difference for wedges
Nathan Salt

Mark McFarlane

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2014, 02:24:31 AM »

I use NX monitors and can attest that I've never had any feedback  ::) .

Although I wrote that with some sarcasm, the reality is I can't actually remember ever having any feedback issues with these monitors for the dozen or so shows and festivals I've used them on.   Just turn them on and they get loud without any EQ.  I don't need to run them anywhere near the volume where they would feedback.

I don't do super-loud stage volumes without IEMs.

Although they tested similarly, I like something about the sound of the 12 over the 10, other than the size and weight. Those 10s are amazingly compact.

Nice compact monitors.  I don't have any hands-on experience with similarly priced monitors for comparison.
Mark McFarlane

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2014, 06:59:53 AM »

I use NX monitors and can attest that I've never had any feedback  ::) .

Although I wrote that with some sarcasm, the reality is I can't actually remember ever having any feedback issues with these monitors for the dozen or so shows and festivals I've used them on.   Just turn them on and they get loud without any EQ.  I don't need to run them anywhere near the volume where they would feedback.

I don't do super-loud stage volumes without IEMs.

Although they tested similarly, I like something about the sound of the 12 over the 10, other than the size and weight. Those 10s are amazingly compact.

Nice compact monitors.  I don't have any hands-on experience with similarly priced monitors for comparison.
The sample came in yesterday and I had a chance to listen to it.
I didn't realise the volume was full up on the amp and drove it into feedback right off the bat. DOH!
Maybe it was a defective unit ;)
Anyway, the 12 does sound very good and, yes, GBF is very good as well.
Put it up on a stand and listened to music playback. Still good.
Shot it with SMAART and it looks reasonably flat with  a small dip between 3-5 K.
To me, they sound better with the bass contour button in the "floor" or cut position.
Otherwise, great overall cab. Probably going to get 6 or 8. :)
I don't care enough to be apathetic

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2014, 06:59:53 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 22 queries.