ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Contest for VP-1000SB  (Read 5422 times)

Jeff Carter

• Kitchener, ON, Canada
Re: Contest for VP-1000SB
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2014, 09:44:52 PM »

Well this isn't much fun yet.  I am hoping for some good ideas for our new platform.  I have seen a setup where there is a trough across the front of the stage with flush cover sections.  Mic cords lay in the trough and come out through little mouse holes (small slots in the edge of the cover) wherever needed.  It seems like it would lead to neatness but I would like to here from someone who has that setup.

Caveat: I don't have the trough setup, but did a bunch of patching once for a regional worship event at another local church that does. I didn't like it all. There's always some extra length on each cable buried in the trough and that tends to tangle. This was a large platform so there was a second trough across the middle of the stage, and with multiple people setting stage, manoeuvring around all the open lid sections was a little scary as well.
Mothers, don't let your babies grow up to be physics PhDs

Mike Sokol

• Lead instructor for the No~Shock~Zone
    • No~Shock~Zone Electrical Safety
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2014, 08:10:08 AM »

Respectfully, I'd think the worse stages would win the the probes, as they would be in urgent need of guidance/tools for safety, the neat stages already have their S#!^ together....

Mike

I'm saving the other 5 testers for the second half of the contest next month for the WORST examples. So not to worry.  ;D

Jonathan Johnson

• Southwest Washington (state, not DC)
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2014, 12:55:31 PM »

... the top 5 pictures of neat/safe stages or sound systems you've seen, worked on, or been around. ...

Define neat. Does that mean that ALL wiring is tidy, or only that which is publicly visible? I mean, I've seen a few installs that look neat until you open up the panel behind the console.
Stop confusing the issue with facts and logic!

Mike Sokol

• Lead instructor for the No~Shock~Zone
    • No~Shock~Zone Electrical Safety
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2014, 01:19:55 PM »

Define neat. Does that mean that ALL wiring is tidy, or only that which is publicly visible? I mean, I've seen a few installs that look neat until you open up the panel behind the console.

Let's say, neatly done for the public... If it's a permanent install it should be "neat" everywhere. If it's a portable/temp install, then you'll have extra length cables, but they should still be in "neat" piles.. not strewn about and tangled up. However, everyone else is voting on this, so you have to cater to the masses. I will abstain from voting since I'm the official counter/tabulator.

So if you see or have seen a gig that looks well laid out and safe, then that's a possibility for the contest. For the bad practices contest next month, somewhere in my old files I have a picture of a floor wedge gaff-taped into the lighting truss directly overhead of the band. And there's a hot light right next to the tape heating it up. I would consider that to be VERY bad stage practice. 

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2014, 01:19:55 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 25 queries.