ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Lets open up the fused/bulbed speaker can of worms shall we???  (Read 6101 times)

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
Re: Lets open up the fused/bulbed speaker can of worms shall we???
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2014, 07:42:40 AM »

""actually the damage was from a "dj who knows a lot about sound equipment ""

enough said....

I have provided sound for DJ's... besides doubling the subs/power....limitters x2 ARE your friend.
Mike M
And set them at least 3dB lower than for a normal act..

My "go to" setting for EDM-rap-hardcore etc is at 1/2 of continuous power.  That is the starting point.  I may or may not loosen them up-depending on how I feel at the time.  In some cases I may actually tighten them up to 1/4 power (-6dB). 

It just depends.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

John Sabine

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2014, 08:29:53 AM »

Yah you guys confirmed what I pretty much knew but wanted to make sure of. Who knows how many times the bulbs saved the drivers before they, and the drivers, gave up the ghost. I installed this system almost 8 years ago and there were zero issues until Dj Genius got into the rack and turned off all of the limiting and "fixed" the EQ. Calling Community today to get some replacement bulbs on the way. Thanks for your input.
"I think it needs more barn"

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2014, 10:05:25 AM »

Yah you guys confirmed what I pretty much knew but wanted to make sure of. Who knows how many times the bulbs saved the drivers before they, and the drivers, gave up the ghost. I installed this system almost 8 years ago and there were zero issues until Dj Genius got into the rack and turned off all of the limiting and "fixed" the EQ. Calling Community today to get some replacement bulbs on the way. Thanks for your input.

I hope DJ Genius gets a big fat bill for the repairs.  Also, why was he given access to system control/protection?  Whoever did that should be terminated.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Joseph D. Macry

• Austin TX
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2014, 01:30:32 PM »

Sounds like a job for digital signal processor with a password.
Glad you only had to go to 40 feet. I have some R-2s mounted between 85 to 97 feet up in local football fields.
Joseph Macry,
Austin, TX

John Sabine

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2014, 02:55:14 PM »

DJ Genius was a friend of the school's principal so I doubt he'll ever see a bill.

I hope DJ Genius gets a big fat bill for the repairs.  Also, why was he given access to system control/protection?  Whoever did that should be terminated.
"I think it needs more barn"

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2014, 02:55:14 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 26 queries.