ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Midas Pro2 EQ Question  (Read 1701 times)

Brian Wynn

Midas Pro2 EQ Question
« on: August 26, 2014, 09:34:27 PM »

I would like to have both Parametric and Graphic EQ's on my outputs.  My Parametric EQ serves as my voicing only for the wedge mixes from FOH.  The Graphic serves only as feedback killing.

I know this can be done two ways.  My question is which is the preferred method of attack?

1.  Use the effects rack stereo graphic eq as a send and return in the patching page and run the output bus parametric on the master strip.

2.  Use the graphic eq in the EQ rack on the bus master and use a matrix mixer that has a 4 band parametric built in and patch that as a send and return.

I tend to learn toward the option 2 because when in GEQ mode the graphic shows on the screen and the parametric is buried in the matrix mixer which is fine because its a set it and forget it with my setup.

What are you guys doing? 
(Disclaimer) if you only using one EQ and thats your answer don't bother responding to this thread.

Kyle Van Sandt

Re: Midas Pro2 EQ Question
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 11:40:11 PM »

Third... The graph has high and low shelves with notch filters.  I find I don't need more than that.  If you must have a 6 band parametric the matrix option is the best.  The effects option eats too much DSP.   4 the option would be good processing on your wedges.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Kyle Van Sandt
Production Coordinator
The Egg, Albany, NY
vansandtdesigns.com

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Midas Pro2 EQ Question
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 11:40:11 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 25 queries.