ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: USB LIMITATIONS ON X32?????  (Read 15515 times)

James A. Griffin

USB LIMITATIONS ON X32?????
« on: August 22, 2014, 01:21:10 PM »

I am unable to use a USB larger than 8GB for playing music on my X32 Core w 2.05 firmware.  When I load a 16G or 32G with music, it only recognizes 5 or 6 songs.  No other songs are visible or usable.    I've not yet tried it on the X32 itself.

Anyone else have similar experience?
I need to determine where in this swamp of unbalanced formulas squatteth the Toad of Truth

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: USB LIMITATIONS ON X32?????
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 01:58:58 PM »

I am unable to use a USB larger than 8GB for playing music on my X32 Core w 2.05 firmware.  When I load a 16G or 32G with music, it only recognizes 5 or 6 songs.  No other songs are visible or usable.    I've not yet tried it on the X32 itself.

Anyone else have similar experience?

I've been recording to both 16GB and 32Gb sticks without a problem.  Haven't tried playing them back on the console, but all the files appear in the directory.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Luke Geis

• Owner of Endever Music Production's
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 02:04:08 PM »

Your lucky you can even get the X32 to even play files from a USB stick. It is a very picky unit that will only play MP3's of a specific compression ratio. It records fine though.
I don't understand how you can't hear yourself

Gary Weller

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 03:34:16 PM »

Your lucky you can even get the X32 to even play files from a USB stick. It is a very picky unit that will only play MP3's of a specific compression ratio. It records fine though.

Mine plays files with no problem at all. They must be wav files the same 44.1 or 48.0 depending on the console's settings. MP3's won't play at all IIRC.

Dan Mortensen

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2014, 03:45:31 PM »

Mine plays files with no problem at all. They must be wav files the same 44.1 or 48.0 depending on the console's settings. MP3's won't play at all IIRC.

This is exactly right.

Also, I use a 64Gig drive to play music and it works just fine. OP has a config problem, methinks.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2014, 03:45:42 PM »

The X32 plays/records WAV files only.  On another forum it was explained by a Behringer person that they didn't want the MP3 codec licensing fee added to the cost of every console made.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

James A. Griffin

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2014, 04:14:39 PM »

, I use a 64Gig drive to play music and it works just fine. OP has a config problem, methinks.

Your X32 or X32 Core plays the 64G drive?
I need to determine where in this swamp of unbalanced formulas squatteth the Toad of Truth

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2014, 07:07:47 PM »

Your X32 or X32 Core plays the 64G drive?

I can't get either of my X32's to play OR record. It will save/load show files just fine though.

I'm using the tiny Sandisk thumbdrives.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Scott Bolt

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2014, 12:32:28 AM »

Both a 16 and a 32Gb thumb drive work on mine.  I have used 4 different drives.  3 that worked, and one that messed up and only the first song on a drive would work without skips.

Tim Padrick

• Indianapolis
    • T.P. Audio
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2014, 12:59:31 AM »

Apparently, a number of folks on the Behringer forum have had trouble using SanDisk with the X32.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2014, 12:59:31 AM »

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 25 queries.