ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: USB LIMITATIONS ON X32?????  (Read 15583 times)

Dan Mortensen

Re: USB LIMITATIONS ON X32?????
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2014, 04:11:13 AM »

Your X32 or X32 Core plays the 64G drive?

Sorry, skipped over that it was your Core.

That said, I believe my 64 Gig works on the Core, but will try it tomorrow to see for sure.

George Dougherty

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2014, 11:05:45 AM »

I can't get either of my X32's to play OR record. It will save/load show files just fine though.

I'm using the tiny Sandisk thumbdrives.

Search for FAT32 formatting utilities.  There's something about those drives and the windows FAT32 format routine that doesn't play well with the X32.  Might search on the forums @ Behringer, vaguely recall having left a how to over there in a thread with a link to a utility.  Used one from a drive vendor or something.  I have three of them I use between 2 consoles and they all work fine now, not so much initially.

Luke Geis

• Owner of Endever Music Production's
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2014, 03:58:03 PM »

correct about the wave file format. But seeing as how most of my stuff is AAC or mp4 I will darned if i'm going to create wave equivalents in 44.1 and 48k. The recording works great though. I just use and ipod or other devise for music playback.
I don't understand how you can't hear yourself

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2014, 05:22:23 PM »

correct about the wave file format. But seeing as how most of my stuff is AAC or mp4 I will darned if i'm going to create wave equivalents in 44.1 and 48k. The recording works great though. I just use and ipod or other devise for music playback.
I would not listen to a mp4 converted into wav anyway  :o

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2014, 06:18:00 PM »

That's a pretty broad statement not knowing anything else about the file.

Mac

George Dougherty

« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2014, 09:42:05 AM »

Unless you'd also state you'd never listen to an MP4, this is an absurd statement.

An MP4 converted to WAV would be identical to the output of said MP4, unless you used a subpar converter as compared to what's found in most players.

Tommy Peel

• Longview, Texas
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2014, 12:53:48 PM »

Guys... The .mp4 extension is a video format; AAC(.m4a) is the extension used for the audio only MPEG-4 codec.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MPEG-4_Part_14

Anyway, the advantage I see to using music converted to wav on a flash drive is that the playback can be controlled with the x32 iPad app. Other than that it's probably more trouble than it's worth.

Dan Mortensen

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2014, 05:44:47 PM »

Your X32 or X32 Core plays the 64G drive?

Hi James,

Sorry I couldn't get to it yesterday, but just checked it today and yes, the 64G drive plays fine in the Core. I tried a Rack, too, with the same results.

I'm using a Victorinox drive that looks like a little Swiss Army knife which I think is not available anymore; I got it because it folds up and because it's orange so I can find it in the dark. I don't know that it's special in any other way.

Again, are you sure that your Core is set to the same sample frequency as the program on the USB stick? And they're WAV files?

FWIW and this is another opportunity for me to complain about this, the visuals on the iPad for the recorder are wretched in that you can only see one playback item at a time, but that's consistent across all X32 devices and is a programming fault rather than with the Core or Rack. It looks the same crappy way when used with the full size console.

IMHO you should be able to see all playback items just like you can on the consoles' (full-size, Producer, and I assume Compact) display screen. How else can you know where you want to jump to next?

/derail

George Dougherty

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2014, 07:50:33 PM »

Guys... The .mp4 extension is a video format; AAC(.m4a) is the extension used for the audio only MPEG-4 codec.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MPEG-4_Part_14

Anyway, the advantage I see to using music converted to wav on a flash drive is that the playback can be controlled with the x32 iPad app. Other than that it's probably more trouble than it's worth.

Technically, MP4 is a container format used for all kinds of data, not just video.  More often than not the audio is a compressed stream whether accompanied by video or not.   Whether or not it includes video, obviously only the audio portion could be converted to the WAV container, which itself may or may not be compressed.  More often than not WAV containers have uncompressed audio.

The advantage you note, is exactly why I use it to trigger sound cues and a regular set of pre-show music used for one band, but not for music playback otherwise.

Luke Geis

• Owner of Endever Music Production's
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2014, 11:15:12 PM »

My only point about data conversion is that I don't want three versions of the same thing regardless of bit depth, compression and or otherwise. And seeing as how I have an AAC, MP4, MP3 version of something already, a converted wave version of it is worthless to me. I prefer to collect my music in wave lossless if at all possible, but that is not par for the course yet when purchasing via Apple or Google play.
I don't understand how you can't hear yourself

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2014, 11:15:12 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 24 queries.