ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Airport Express - refurbished??  (Read 4721 times)

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
Re: Airport Express - refurbished??
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2014, 12:28:05 AM »

Another alternative is to use an mp3 player on repeat or shuffle play into the ST3 input and fade it in as needed.  Of course, you can't call the tune...but you don't have to pay the piper either.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2014, 09:43:36 AM »

Another alternative is to use an mp3 player on repeat or shuffle play into the ST3 input and fade it in as needed.  Of course, you can't call the tune...but you don't have to pay the piper either.

That is what I have done Dick - and it works great for the most part but I would prefer to use a set list of tunes with specific starting songs (I know, I am far too needy) and then there are a couple of song intros and outros that I do not want to draw attention to.
First time for the intros this evening so I'll see how it goes walking over to the console when I need to. No biggy most of the time and if I am not using the iPad - then no worries but once in a while, I keep the console out of the way for safety and convenience reasons ( ie running the snake is not possible) and it can make it a little difficult to man the console.
Yes peeps - first gig with hubby's new band tonight ..woo hoo!!!
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Philip Rasmus

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2014, 01:09:45 AM »

There are a couple options where you can keep your current router while controlling your tracks remotely.  Apple's Airplay allows wireless streaming between devices (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4437).  Similar functionality is offered by the Tango Remote app.  This option may be safer as you are not streaming, but using one device to control another.  With either you could have your iPad interface with the Touch connected to your console.  I've used both and they work nicely.

I contemplated buying a refurb Airport Express, but opted to purchase new from Staples with a 20% off coupon.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2014, 03:45:06 PM »

There are a couple options where you can keep your current router while controlling your tracks remotely.  Apple's Airplay allows wireless streaming between devices (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4437).  Similar functionality is offered by the Tango Remote app.  This option may be safer as you are not streaming, but using one device to control another.  With either you could have your iPad interface with the Touch connected to your console.  I've used both and they work nicely.

I contemplated buying a refurb Airport Express, but opted to purchase new from Staples with a 20% off coupon.

Thank you for the heads-up Philip….I appreciate it !
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2014, 03:45:06 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 25 queries.